Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kindle 2 - How Have I Survived Without It

Ok - I have typically been behind on the "latest and greatest" of technology. Partly I guess because I'm 36 and partly I think because it's just not "my thing". But I have never been behind on reading. I love to read - it is my number 1 favorite thing to do in the world. I read every type of book imaginable - just depending on my mood. The main thing I don't like about books is they take up space - LOL. I had always dreamt of having a library, but it is not in the cards (home offices and kids toys took over). So I am constantly stacking books hither and yonder and cluttering up my house. Another problem is when I travel or go somewhere that involves waiting I carry an extra shoulder bag or suitcase full of books so I won't run out. (I speed read.) So I finally decided to splurge and buy myself a Kindle. OM gosh! It is the most amazing thing ever invented. If you don't know what it is - go to Amazon - it's on their front page as they are the developer and exclusive seller. My kindle arrived just in time for me to go to Birmingham for dad's surgery and it was great. It is lightweight (ounces) and just slips in my purse. I read the whole time without having to lug around heavy books.

David thinks it's funny and he thinks it's a computer. He told me the other day, "mommy you already have two computers - why do you need that little one?" Well - I guess I really don't "need" it, but boy I sure did want it and sure do love it LOL.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment