Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate, Pizza and Coughing

Do you guys watch Food Network? What a great channel. My favorite shows are all the challenges. Tonight there is a marathon on chocolate - how awesome is that. Thank heavens I have no chocolate in the house though because I would be committing a little gluttony :).

I am still fighting this insane cold and I cannot stop coughing. No medicine yet tonight, but I am about to get up and find some. This coughing is horrible - the tickle in my throat sensation will not go away. To keep from coughing constantly I am holding my breath. How crazy is that!

Dan was tired from being outside "building the train bridge" with David all afternoon and he didn't feel like cooking. I had cooked breakfast and lunch and just didn't have anymore in me. So he decided he had a craving for Domino's... Heart stop - temptation... I've been so good on this new eating lifestyle and boot camp, etc. But I must admit that deep down I was cheering - I would LOVE to "sin" a little and pizza sounded GREAT. So I acted a little sad - have to keep up appearances HA HA. Then I ordered our pizza. I did not do as bad as I could have - I ordered for myself a small, thin crust, veggie pizza. And it was wonderful, melt in your mouth wonderful. It is amazing how much you appreciate the really "bad" foods when you don't have them all the time.

David was so worn out from being outside with daddy that he was asleep before 7:00. Thank you Lord for a beautiful day!! Finally weather warm enough for the kids to be outside. A funny thing David did today. Around the house and out back he always wears his crocs (and don't make the mistake of calling them shoes - he gets offended... they are CROCS). The reason for this is he can take them on and off at will and since he is in and out a bazillion times this is very valuable. So anyway, he and Dan are outside doing their thing and I'm asleep. I wake to this voice saying, "MOMMY, Mommy, you are a good finder." I'm like what?? I'm sick and asleep - go away... He says again, "Mommy, you are a good finder." Ok - I'll play, a good finder of what. "Crocs!", he says. Oh... Well I know I found them already that morning because he had them on when I went to sleep. I open my eyes and see one foot nicely parked in a red Lightning McQueen croc and one foot naked... Ok what happened. He doesn't know, but I do manage to understand that he went outside just then with his one croc and daddy sent him back in. So I get up and 'lo and behold the missing croc is right beside his race track on the living room floor - shining like a beacon. I didn't even "look" for it - it just jumped out at me. I point, he sheepishly says "Oh!", puts in on and runs outside. So I ask you - is it in the DNA? Is it a gender thing? Why can't they look? But, time will go by and I'll get over this cold and catch up on my sleep, but I won't be able to get back these cute little things he says. So I'll let you in on a little secret, being a "good finder" warms my heart!

BYL
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment