Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting to Know Us

Good afternoon all. I decided recently that I am full of useless random thoughts and stories and mini-dramas and funny escapades and need an outlet to share! So here we are. My name is Michelle and I have a wonderful husband, Dan. We have been married for 8 years. We have a little boy, David who will be 4 in May. We also have a girl, Emily who will be 13 in April - she is Dan's daughter from his first marriage. We are very blessed by God to have a wonderful family and we see Emily all the time - she only lives about 20 minutes away.
Another way we are blessed is through our business. We have 75+ units of rental/investment property and are adding to that this month. Dan handles all the maintenance (with a crew) and the leasing, purchasing, remodeling, etc. I handle the payments, statements, budgets, taxes and other basic office work. Prior to this Dan and I both had full-time careers. Mine was in manufacturing (sales and purchasing) and his was in food-service. Everything fell into place around the time David came into our lives and we were both able to dive into the business full-time and let the other jobs go.

A big thing that is going on in my life right now is Boot Camp. 3 nights a week I meet with a class and trainer and she gives us a heck of a work-out!! I am trying to combine this with several trips to the Y per week. I am on a long journey to be healthier and try to help insure that I can be around one day to see my grandkids. And looking better in a bathing suit would be great too! Through this process Dan is working out as well and we are experimenting with grocery changes and healthier menus. It's been a lot of hard work, but also alot of fun - especially the cooking part. I love to try new recipes.

Through the days of this blog I am apt to post multiple times a day or go several days without posting. But I must warn you - I like to talk or type rather LOL.

Another thing I am very proud to say is that I am a Conservative Christian Republican!!! And I am VERY VERY VERY pro-life.

Here are a few pictures of our family.












I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Please comment - feedback is a great motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment