Monday, February 16, 2009

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I am one of those mom's that believe in picking my battles. I'm really lenient on the little stuff if it makes you laugh and fosters your imagination. There is enough structure and control in life that I like moments where we can just enjoy.

Today has become one of those days with David. He would normally be at school, but still had a fever yesterday from strep so I kept him home one more day. I have a lot of work to do today for the business so David has been playing on his own in his room - trains, movies, etc.

I went in there just a minute ago to tell him it was time to get settled for quiet time and there are baby wipes on the train track on the train table... These are "parachutes" and they are protecting the trains from the "rain" that is coming down. ok!?! I'm like that's nice sweetie and secretly checking to make sure he hasn't found the baby wipe refill pack :). I told him that it looked great and what a good idea to protect his trains! He has also been playing with my exercise ball today and wanted to put it in his bed (by himself, mind you). He said he needed it for quiet time. Again ok!?! sounds good to mommy...






No comments:

Post a Comment