Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Facebook, Storms, Friends and Sprite

Say what you want about Facebook - believe me I did :). I used to think it was silly and make fun of people who used it. Then Christy convinced me to join and I love it. A perfect example of why it is so great: tonight I was talking to my best friend from 1st and 2nd grade when I lived in Pass Christian, MS. We've seen each other 2 or 3 times since we were young. But lost touch and haven't seen each other in 20 years. And guess what else - she lives a little over an hour away from me. How cool is that! Thank you facebook! I've also found friends from junior high, high school, college, etc. It is such a great way to have daily contact with people you never get to see and to find out about their lives and their families, etc. It's amazing how once you marry and have kids you become consumed with your own life and you get so busy!! Well facebook gives you the chance to "see" them and if fits into any schedule.

We've had storms in our area this evening and tonight. Tornado warnings, thunderstorm warnings... The latest one ended about 1/2 an hour ago. I truly hope that's it for the night. I hate being woken by tornado sirens. The first round we all got in the hallway - even the dog LOL. The second round was too late and the storm moving too fast so everybody stayed where they were. I guess I've lived here long enough I don't want to say I'm complacent, I just know the drill and this last one was such a fast mover it would (and was) be gone before I could even get David situated.

Today has been a good day. I worked on paperwork this morning, picked up Emily from school (seeing her during the week is always a nice surprise!), came home and started dinner and then moved in the hallway HA HA. Thankfully dinner was not ruined and when we came out of the hallway we sat down and had dinner. David was thrilled that Emily was here. Everyday he tells me he misses her :(.

After dinner Kim came over and rode with me to take Emily back. Then she and I rode around and looked at houses and chatted. So nice to have conversations without our kids around. We LOVE our kids, but sometimes you just need girl time!!

I'm reading the best book, Rescuing Sprite. It was recommended by my high school Assistant Principal (thanks again facebook!). If you are a dog lover this is the best book you will ever read. I can't wait to pass it on to dad and Barbara and my brother and Leslie!!

BYL,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment