Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Sick Boy and A "Wii-static" Family

David had a rough day yesterday of not feeling well. He took a morning nap and a late afternoon nap (until 9pm). Due to this it was midnight before he fell asleep. This morning when he woke up he was crying and telling me about all the various things that hurt. This was topped off with a choking cough from all the mucous drainage. I called and made an appointment with his pediatrician. We got right in and didn't have to wait at all - I LOVE his doctor!!! He has a bad case of strep throat... What's so unusual for him, and for me and Dan, is how miserable he feels. You would think after his bazillion ear infections and 3 ear tube surgeries we would be used to a sick boy, but he is never very bothered by his ears. Sadly I think that is because he's never really known what it's like for his ears to not hurt... His throat on the other hand is new and evidently very painful to him because he has had a HORRIBLE day. I've been alternating Tylenol and Motrin to help with the pain. I can get him to drink milk, but nothing else and he has not eaten a single bite of food in two days... Hopefully tomorrow he will feel alot better and we can get him to eat a bite of something.

We have become a Wii family, which is funny to me because until this point we have never been into video games. Dan's never owned one and I shared one with my brother for a couple of years in the '80's when we lived in WV and it was too cold to go outside and play. We have always believed that it could be too violent, too sedentary, too addictive, etc. Well we have been proven wrong. The Wii is just good family fun and good exercise too (I love my Wii Fit!!!). We've gone on Safari with Diego, played baseball, tennis, bowling and boxing, gone snow-boarding & snow-skiing, raced cars and played Mario... It's such a mix of fun and has something for all of us individually and as a group. We've become addicted at buying games and have developed quite a collection - Emily and I decided we are going to play all the new ones tomorrow while it's raining; after we do our chores - she doesn't know that part yet HA HA.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment