Friday, February 6, 2009

Various Ramblings From a Medicated Mind

So this has been a crappy day. I woke up feeling like death - I mean I didn't feel great last night after boot camp, but this is worse. Sinus stuff, sore throat, chest heavy, productive cough, headache... I've taken a handful of cold medicine tonight so my mind is going everywhere HA HA. I just want to sleep tonight, hence the medicine.


A funny thing David said on the way home from school today - "Mommy, your hair is upside down!" To which I was like what? say that again? My mind racing trying to interpret 3-year-old conversation skills. I finally realized it was because my hair was down and not in a pony-tail. Evidently I wear my hair up way too much if he finds it weird when it's down. I wonder if daddy has been brain-washing him HA HA... Dan prefers my hair down, go figure.


Thank goodness for pre-school!! I slept the whole time David was at school today. Had he been home I would have had to park him in front of the TV today. Instead he went to school and had show and share (today was "P" day). They also were talking about community helpers and his favorite is a fireman - that is what he's decided to be when he gets "bigger than sissy" (which by the way is his goal in life). So rather than be a TV babysat kid today he had fun, learned something, used his imagination, had a hot lunch and got to play outside twice!! Can I say again, thank goodness for pre-school.



Dan called late this afternoon to see if he could take me out to dinner tonight. But then he heard my voice and realized how sick I was and decided to come home a little early. I had stopped by Fresh Market and picked up dinner for him - I can throw something in the oven when I'm sick, just not prep and clean up :). He walked in and "took over" David for me and I crawled in the bed After dinner he and David watched "Space Buddies". Poor Dan - he told me after the movie that it was the lamest movie he had ever seen! I just cracked up - the things we watch for our kids.


I don't know if I've mentioned to you guys yet - but I am seriously addicted to my DVR. I truly do not understand how people live without them. I would give up my microwave before giving up my DVR. We like them so much we actually have two. One in the living room for family movies, space shows, history, discovery, etc. and the second in our bedroom for tv series. Today as I lay in bed I started flipping through daytime TV - ok I have just one word: HORRIBLE. There is Nothing on during the daytime. Which you would think since I stay at home I would know that, but I don't watch TV during the day - there is a TV in my study for David to watch movies and if he's not here then I have it on Fox News for noise... So today as I lay in bed nursing my cold and dozing in and out I watched some great food network shows I had recorded and a couple of my many prime-time shows. I think I would have been driven to drink had I only had regular daytime tv to watch.

Well I guess that's enough to bore you with right now. I'll blog you later.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment