Sunday, February 15, 2009

Overflowing With Love on V' Day - A List

As I wind down tonight I've been reading updates on the blogs that I follow and alot of tonight's posts had lists. It seemed like a good idea and a nice way to put all the thoughts in my head down on paper - or virtual paper anyway.

It's a little too late at night to be perfectly organized in my list so I'll tell you right up front it's going to be random, but it's going to contain little quips about the special people in my life. Things they do that make me feel good and whether they realize it or not, let me know they love me...

1) Dan loves when I cook dinner for him - eating at home is his favorite. But whenever I don't feel like cooking he is always happy to pick up dinner or agree for me to pick up something. No griping, no complaints about money, just a smile and our inside joke of "you cooked a great dinner!" This is said to whichever of us picked it up.
2) He gives me time alone alot. He never complains about giving me time away from home or most specifically away from David. I go shopping, for coffee, to boot camp, bible study, ball games, dinner with friends, take naps, shop some more, etc. Every time he has a smile on his face, never complains and just enjoys his time with David.
3) He loves to play with our kids and our friends kids. He has filled our home, and continues to do so, with things that are fun for the kids and their friends. The thing that is cool about though is not that he's bought the stuff - it's that he plays too. He has a ball spending time playing with the kids and their friends. (As long as it's not board games LOL)
4) He spoils me rotten. I have the GREATEST life and all he wants in return is some clean underwear, dinner and cuddle time on the couch... oh and I do have to listen to some stories about space stuff HA HA.
5) Emily is the most amazing daughter and God blessed me so much when he put me together with a man who had such a special daughter.
6) She has a smile on her face every time I see her. She always kisses me hello and good-bye and good-night and always says I love you.
7) She is always respectful, does her chores without complaint and truly seems to appreciate the things we do for her. And she makes me laugh :)
8) David gives me his trust, faith and love.
9) He often comes up and hugs me or hugs my leg and says "Mommy I love you so much"!! And his smile when he sees me... priceless.
10) My dad is my rock. He is so much to "blame" for making me the person I am today. He is always there for me. Unconditional love and support and consistency make for a fabulous parent. If I can be 1/2 the parent to my kids that he is to me - they will turn out great.
11) Barbara is amazing. God blessed me again when he put her and my dad together. I know they think he blessed them :-) but I got in on that blessing too. She is such a light in our family and is always there for a question, a sob story, some gossip, baby-sitting, hanging out, a good meal, loving the kids, taking care of my dad...
12) Boyd, my brother, calls me several times a week to check-in and see how we're doing, what the kids are up to, how Dan's business is going, tell me about a good book and just to say I love you.
13) My "sister" Christy. Who would have guessed that when my dad got married I would gain a sister and one that is so much like me. She teaches me patience, understanding, deal shopping, Wiggles and Gymboree appreciation and much more. She is my personal therapist (at a great rate), takes care of my son, takes me to Auburn games and makes me laugh.
14) My friends Kim and Bill and their kids Hope and Hayden are just such lights in my life. Kim is the sister you've always dreamed of. It always feels like family when she's around. The way she moves around my kitchen and interacts with my kids and knows my past and my quirks and still loves me... Bill is the easygoing rock - he is always thinking of me in little ways that he probably doesn't even realize because he's just that kind of guy. Hope is always happy and smiling and Hayden will always make you laugh.
15) My friend Leslie is my coffee, shopping, boot camp buddy. We have so much fun together and I couldn't imagine not spending time with her every week.
16) My friends Lauren and Jessica are such amazing women. The pray for me and my family, ask about us and support me in so many ways.
17) My friend Jennifer moved to Texas and left me... HA HA JK, but I know she loves me because she calls me and e-mails me and shops for me even when I'm not with her.
18) My dog Teddy follows me everywhere and looks at me with those adoring eyes that make you think she really knows what's going on.
19) There are so many other people in my life who have touched my heart in many ways. As your life goes in phases there are different people who God puts in your path to help you through the tough times. When I lost my mom, got married, had David, transitioned from working to staying home, fought the cancer battle with Dan, as I deal with my dad being sick... The prayers, "check-ins", meals, cards - all the little things that were done.

Whew - that turned out to be alot longer and quite a bit more "rambly" than I planned. But all these special people are such important parts of my life and make me feel so loved! And since this is holiday to talk about love...

Thank you God for blessing me with such wonderful family and friends and animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment