Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lot's of Misc. Thoughts

Friends are the lifeblood of a happy life. After God and family they are what makes us smile, get out of the house, answer the phone, go to the Y and all that stuff that we need to do to lead full lives. Like most of you I have old friends, new friends, acquaintance friends, best friends, etc. I love them all in different ways. They truly complete my life. I even have past friends - I jokingly refer to it as being divorced LOL. Each and everyone of my past and current friends has touched some aspect of my life and I'm glad they were in it. Actually, I'm glad some are out of it too, but I learned things and experienced things having known them.

One of the reasons for the talk of friends tonight is I spent some time today with one of my dear friends who is moving away. I've had quite a few friends move away in the past year or more and there are three (counting this one) that I became really close too and truly miss. I thank God they came into my life and that there is such great technology out that we can easily stay in touch and keep up with each other's lives and children. Jennifer and Charly I miss you guys and Jessica I'm gonna miss you too!!!

Emily's cheerleader tryouts are re-scheduled for this Friday afternoon from like 3:30 until. They will post the results later that night. That Friday night she also has her Spring Formal at school. 7th grade and they are wearing formal dresses. Amazing!! Her dress is beautiful - "Annie" (grandma/Barbara) bought it and I can't wait to show you guys pictures. Oh, I can't remember if I told you about the two boys she's interested in and that she was hoping one would ask her (they are both in 7th grade as well). It turns out neither is going to the dance so she's just going with her friends. And heck, as us "old women" know - she'll probably have tons more fun with the girls!!

David has been very trying today (more details on that in a minute). I kept him out of school so far this week because honestly I just wanted to be with him. I think getting accepted into "big-boy" school at Holy Cross has made me truly face that he's growing up and that as of August of this year our ability to have free days and just play are over!! I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm sure everyone goes through this when their babies grow up. So anyway - David and I went over to Leslie's today to help Jessica watch Leslie and Lauren's kids. It was a great time being with my friends and their kids, but David was in rare form - the combination of over stimulation (7 kids) and my presence seem to bring out the "monster" in him. I had to spank him and put him in time out a few times. Then everyone had gone and it was just he and Jace, my friend Leslie's oldest daughter - and he bit her!! It was horrible - I was mortified and so angry at him. He didn't break the skin, but I think poor Jace is going to have a heck of a bruise. I'm like what is the deal and where did my child go. Just last week his teacher is bragging about how respectful he was and how he was never aggressive and always used kind words... Hello - who was the kid I had today. Then this evening he was acting horrible!! My dear friend Kim came by for a visit (she is truly one of his favorite people in the world) and he said something smart when she walked in and then never spoke to her again. So, I put him in bed before 7:00 and of course he went right to sleep. Exhaustion being the obvious culprit of the day. I tell you I pride myself on being fairly easy-going with him and picking my battles and trying to stay positive, etc. Well today I felt like our whole relationship was based on negativity - me saying no, spanking, time-out, etc. I DO NOT like days like today and I know he doesn't either. All that said, I have two things I can assure you of - this will be a major part of my bedtime prayers and the boy will go back to school tomorrow LOL! Whew - felt good to get that off my chest, which is why I started this blog :)

Dan is going great this week. Working hard as usual. He has some new irons in the fire and is working on acquiring a few additional properties for us, which will DOUBLE our size. Exciting and terrifying at the same time. I am already drowning in paperwork LOL. I'm so proud of him though - he works really hard and has for a long time and for his dream to finally be alive and growing is great. God as truly blessed us in that we have a successful business and Dan loves doing the work and it enables me to both take care of my family and keep a hand in the "work life" that I gave up when David came along. Another thing that makes me proud of Dan's success is he is a really fair employer and if these new deals work out and we double our size that means we'll also be hiring more employees!!

My dad is recovering well and just resting and gaining back his strength. We are still praising God that he is such a miracle!!

My SIL's mom was diagnosed last week with breast cancer. It seems I cannot get away from this disease no matter where I turn. I know though that her mom is healthy and her cancer was found early and the strides made in breast cancer care in the past decade are mind-boggling. So with great medical care and a loving God and lots of prayer I know she'll be just fine. Never-the-less it is a scary thing to go through and I ask that you lift up their whole family in prayer for peace and strength to fight the battle.

A member of my SAHM's group was pregnant with twin girls, 24 weeks. She lost the babies yesterday and had to go through a c-section today. I cannot even find words to imagine a tragedy such as this. I truly know (from personal experience) and I truly believe that God called these precious little girls home early. He has his reasons and we'll know one day. But - in the short-term and heck even the mid-term that does not make the loss any easier to deal with. Please pray for their family as well and ask for peace and comfort.

I'm having an unusual week. I'm happy about miracle dad and always happy about miracle Dan, but this past Friday was the 10-year-anniversary of my mom's death to breast cancer... So, I have been unusually sensitive to things and a little more sad than usual. I think I big part of what has me down too is my back. It's done great since my surgery and I've been like a new person. But this week it is flaring up and all the pain is back with a vengeance. I had truly forgotten how much significant and constant pain can affect your attitude and personality. And it depresses me a little to think that possibly the whole surgery was for naught and now here I am back in the same situation. I'm praying that it is just a bizarre thing, but I don't feel real confidant in that regard. But as my "heroine" Scarlett says - tomorrow is another day :). I've taken some major pain meds, vented here on the blog, will take the boy to school tomorrow, go to boot camp tomorrow night and bible study with the girls after. I'm approaching the day with a positive attitude and hopefully it'll be a great, pain-free day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment