Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Sore Back and School Prayers

It's freezing outside and I am so happy that I don't have boot camp tonight. Last night for class we were outside in the cold and wind and it was a pretty miserable experience. I'm marginally sore from class, but the main problem is my horrible back. I had surgery late last year and it has been doing better, but this afternoon it is crippling!!! Now there is a little one climbing on me reaching to get something on my desk - why can they not understand to just ask for it. You don't have to climb on mommy...

Dan is taking advantage of my "no boot camp" night and working late. I'm so ready for him to get home and take over so I can get in the bed and turn on my heating pad. I'm also excited for him to try the new recipe I made for dinner. It's an Italian Soup and it is delicious and the perfect entree for this cold night. We are having a salad with it, but no bread :( I guess we'll get used to cutting back on the bread... There are truly worse things :)

David has his "Playdate" at Holy Cross tomorrow at 1:00. He'll be observed interacting and playing with the other children. I assume things like attitude, participation, following directions, sharing, etc. I truly pray he does well. You just never know with 3-year-olds. Some of you reading this are probably like what the heck?? The city we live in has some of the worst public schools in the country so private schools are in high demand here. I narrowed my list down to 4 (out of about 15) and then picked Holy Cross as my first choice. Since the demand is so high they have to have some way to select students. For 4k they do this playdate, review the application and review the form submitted by his current preschool teacher. As they get older entrance is determined by transcripts and testing. I have several other options available for David, including keeping him where he currently attends for 3k, but this is my top choice so of course I really want him to get in!!!

I took a break and am back now. Dan made it home and we ate dinner. Now the kitchen is "closed" and David is winding down with his trains before bedtime. We have tried a range of times for him and have settled on 9:00 as his best time for a variety of reasons. Plus he couldn't sleep without his train time. He plays with them EVERY day and creates stories and voices. It's really cute. He has the wooden ones so no sounds or lights - it's all "powered by" his imagination.
Here's a cute picture of David that Emily took this past weekend - she was supposed to be sorting laundry LOL.
You're probably wondering why not any update on Emily tonight and that is because she stays at her mom's on school nights. We have had her the past two weekends and she'll stay with her mom this weekend. It's tough for us during this time of year because we see her less.
Off to the heating pad for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment