Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome Back!!

Welcome back to myself!! I just realized I haven't blogged since September of last year. I really haven't had alot to share for awhile. Life went smoothly and fairly normal until about February of this year. Then things started changing :-) which is exciting for me because I am a fan of change! Anyway as things started changing that produced a time for much more significant prayer, family meetings, research, etc. I didn't really want to blog about it until we had made our final decisions on things. So wow - really built that up didn't I, LOL. In that regard you may be disappointed ;-)

We pulled David out of mainstream school earlier this year. I am homeschooling him. After marrying Dan and having David, this is probably the best decision we have ever made for our family. As the blog progresses you can "walk" with me through David's unique strengths and weaknesses. He is a wonderful son and we are having the time of our lives!!

The other major thing for us is Religion. I am a Christian and have been raised as such all my life, as has Dan. However, I have had a lot of questions, issues, etc. with the churches we have attended - doctrinaly. Not the people or the activities. Afer much prayer, reading, research, etc. We have decided to raise David Catholic and I will be converting. To convert I will attend RCIA class once a week for a year to be sure I am fully "schooled" in the Church. I am sooo excited - so you will probably here some about my conversion on here as well. Dan is very supportive of this and looks forward to sharing this journey with me. He will not be converting at this time though.

For those of you wondering - Dan is still in remission!! He is scanned, sticked, poked and prodded every 6 months and his recent all clear was in July.

Emily is doing well. She will be starting 10th Grade at Stanhope Elmore High School on August 15th and is a Majorette.

Well I think that catches you up. Hope to see you more often as you join us on our homeschooling journey. I've missed you guys and hope you comment on occasion so I'll know you are around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment