Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reeder No-Cry Sleep Solution...

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, David has a sleeping problem. He cannot fall asleep without medicine and even with it, is hit or miss. We are in a particularly bad spot of up until well after 12:00 every night for a week. His pediatrician is almost out of "tricks"... He had a panel of blood tests done and we are awaiting those results. Hopefully that will give some insight. (and I love well-meaning people) but  don't offer up the typical suggestions. Almost 4 years this has been going on and believe me we have tried EVERYTHING.... or so I thought.

I was so frustrated last night with the no sleep and so tired myself. I decided if he couldn't get to sleep we would just do school at midnight and then we would be ahead for the week! So at 8:30 when he still wasn't asleep I got him up to make a prayer book! Then back to bed. A little after 10:00 when he still wasn't asleep I got him up again and we did a lesson in LLATL and a stamp spelling worksheet. When I checked on him at 11:30 he was actually asleep!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it helped his mind settle down or what. He often tells me he can't turn his brain off... Whichever, it was exciting for me. We will do this every night, until he falls asleep around 8:30.

I am so jazzed about it. My eyes popped open at 6:00 and Toby and I went out for a walk. Amazing I know because the Reeder gang are not early risers. David is still asleep, which I understand, especially when I look at the circles under his eyes. I want him awake though to possibly help with this horrid cycle; I have been working on waking him for about 45 minutes and he is just truly out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment