Thursday, July 29, 2010

We have a Freshman!

Oh my goodness, where did the time go? When I first met Dan and subsequently Emily, she was 3-years-old. Now she is 14 and entering her Freshman year at Stanhope. WOW!!!

Today was pick-up class schedule and locker assignments. They have 7 periods and here is her schedule:
  1. Honors Biology
  2. World History
  3. Honors Geometry
  4. Spanish 1
  5. Honors English
  6. PE
  7. Art

We are pleased with the electives. We heard elective choices went in order of seniority, but she got the two she wanted. I can't wait to see how she likes her Art class. And Spanish will be new for her as well.

I'm really sad/mad/depressed, to be honest, about Emily starting this public school this fall. The education level at the school is not what Dan and I want for her and we have offered to put her into a different school or home school her (my preference for her), but her mother has shut us down. Now I have accepted that and will be as positive and supportive as possible throughout the school year. I just pray for the school, her teachers and her and ask that you do as well throughout the year.

Our oldest baby is a freshman - can you say wow again!!!!! They start school Monday, August 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment