Tuesday, July 13, 2010

and the blessings abound...

I am just so blessed with loving friends and family. I have to share with you how the fellowship for my birthday continued through the weekend and some other good times and sweet gestures.

My sweet husband bought me an upright Whirlpool frost-free freezer. I know, practical, but it was exactly what I wanted. We had a small chest freezer and I couldn't find anything. I was craving organization of my frozen foods. He also surprised me with a special little desert. No cake since it was just us and we figured we'd have cake over the weekend once Emily got back from the beach.

My dad and Barbara sent me a nice green bill and I bought a great outfit with it while shopping with Leslie. Now Dan and I need a true date without the boy. We go to dinner often, with him and we have a variety of dates when we put him to bed early, like Steak-Out dinner / living-room picnic style and a movie. But it's time to get dressed up and truly go out.

My sweet friend Leslie made me the coolest earrings. How neat to have a friend who can make things. We also spent a girls day together on Saturday, shopping and having lunch at Street's. Those are the best of days!!

Saturday night the family headed out to Wetumpka to spend the evening with the Edwards and the Hollidays. The kids swam and played and we visited. And the big surprise for me was a shrimp boil for dinner!!! Can you say the best thing to eat in the world and my favorite meal!! I also had a scrumptious homemade strawberry cake for dinner - who needs Nancy Patterson's when you have Meme.

Sunday we had a nice day as well. The Holmes and Hollidays came over for a pool-party cook-out and the kids swam from a little after 4:00 until well after dark. We had burgers, hotdogs, coleslaw, chips, homemade pico de gallo, lemon glaze cake and cupcakes! Yummy.

Yesterday Emily and I went to get our hair done and David stayed at Leslie's. He had such a good time and it is an extra blessing to have a friend willing to keep your wild-child. I think he and her girls had a really good time. At the hair place Emily had blonde highlights put in and she looks like the cover of some beach girl magazine :-). I on the other hand... I asked for blonde and boy did I ever get it. To be mild - it is still growing on me, LOL. I mainly did it because Dan has asked me to for almost 10 years and I thought, heck - it's hair, what can it hurt. And he LOVES LOVES LOVES it - weird I know, but he's my weird ;-).

Today has been a stay-at-home do laundry, chores, paperwork, laundry, paperwork and laundry day. Emily and Hope have been helping me because they want to earn movie money. Tonight is one of my favorite nights of the week, bible study. And actually it's my night to lead to so I need to shut down this rambling and go review one more time.

Oh, one more before I go. I was mentioning to Dan this morning that I wanted pet stairs for the puppy to get up and down from our bed (TALL bed) and that it would also help with the bending for me. He can get on and off himself and when I need to pick him up I can call him from the bed and lift him from there rather than the floor. I showed him pictures and we talked for a minute about size and that was it. Projects are notoriously slow around here because our business always comes first. Well a few hours later I am in here working away and in walks Dan with the stairs. He had gone straight out into the shop after we talked and built them. He took them on to work this afternoon so the guys could sand and paint them and put carpet treads on them. Did I mention I have a great husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment