Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my 38th birthday. Thanks to my bazillion FB friends and their sweet birthday wishes. A special special thanks to one of my dear friends. She hosted us yesterday at the pool and then at her home for hours. She surprised me with coffee and a strawberry margarita and lunch. The kids played and we were able to talk and hang out. She also made me a wonderful mellow, late in the day coffee. The best parts of the day were when the kids pooled their imagination and pulled off a great Hot Wheels Accidents Happen show. I'll have to share the video with you guys. (when made-over computer gets back home). And when my friend and I talked about everything under the sun and agreed and disagreed and felt our friendship grow!!

I, like most everyone, can remember when 38 seemed really, really old. Now that it's here though, I don't feel old, well except for my back ;-).
  • I still love to hear silly jokes
  • catch rain drops on my tongue
  • giggle at puppies and enjoy "puppy breath"
  • ride with the windows down and a jam to a favorite song
  • lay on my back and watch the fireworks above
  • tickle my husband
  • watch Tom & Jerry and Popeye

No comments:

Post a Comment