Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lazy days of summer

Oh how we are enjoying our summer. I keep wanting to grab my remote and press pause though because it's going by too fast. I truly have pictures to share, LOL and you will see them next week. The laptop is ready!!

One of my and Emily's favorite things to do is play games and over the summer we get to do that almost every night!! Staying up late and sleeping in... love it. I think we have played 100 games and earlier this week we decided to do a puzzle for a little change of pace. It's coming along well. Dan made us a nice board and we can leave the puzzle on it and move it from bed to floor to table.

David loves swimming and just all around being with the whole "fmly". We have built 87 different track patterns and made 100 "Accidents Happen" (thomas) shows. We have played with friends, gone to the movies, gone to Chuck E. Cheese, gone to Vacation Bible School and next week is off to zoo camp. A giraffe was born earlier this month and 2 white bengal tigers were born last month; I wonder if they will get to see them.

Dan loves when the pool gets used and we (and guests) enjoy his waterfall!! He has also enjoyed the slower pace and spending time in the garden each morning with David, while Emily and I sleep in. His very favorite summer thing though is going to the lake. Thankfully this summer he has had more opportunities to go and soon we are spending the whole week up there at a cabin. (this will just give us more inspiration to go ahead and buy a place, I hope!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment