Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thomas the Train, Out of Town Friends, Sick and a Housekeeper

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. Time has flown by - I can't even keep up with what day it is.

Last Thursday we had a houseful of friends for swimming and grilling hot dogs. It was a fun afternoon. And the best part was my friend Jennifer and son Paul arrived from Texas! On Friday we just vegged out at the pool and let the kids swim. My friend Leslie and kids came over too. Then on Saturday we went to a birthday party at Pump It Up for a little girl at David's school. It was so much fun and his teacher Vicky was there. That night me, Jennifer and Leslie went out shopping and ate sushi!!! Sunday, Jennifer and I took the boys to Birmingham for the Thomas Stage Show - it was really good. Each night of Jennifer's visit we stayed up way too late visiting after the boys went to bed. I think we all need a vacation from the mini-vacation :).

The only downside of this was I picked up some type of yucky cold. It started with pain in my chest and moved into my head and gave me laryngitis. I finally have my voice back today, but still don't sound like myself and still have a productive chest cough. Thankfully the kids missed it and so far I am the only one sick. I thought for sure David had something as well, but he was seen by our ENT Monday for a follow-up to his surgery and he was in great shape!

Exciting news for me this week - our housekeeper started today!! Dan and I have been kicking around what type of help we felt could benefit us most and save my back and give me more time for our business and we decided a housekeeper was the way to go. She is wonderful!! She will come everyday from 10-4.

Still no word on Emily's ultrasound of her thyroid - I am going with the "no news is good news" mind-set. I will follow-up tomorrow though because we have an appointment with our pediatrician for David's 4-year-check-up.

I'll try and post some pictures tonight of the Thomas show!

No comments:

Post a Comment