Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh why can't it always be spring!!

All my life I have said that fall is my favorite season. The smell, the cool air and most of all college football!! And while fall will always have a special place in my heart I have switched and now say there is nothing better than spring.

This is the time of year when it is almost sinful to be allowed to stay home with your child. David and I are spending hours each day outside by the pool. Swimming, bubbles, swingset, sandbox, etc. whatever strikes his fancy. I play a little with him and do alot of relaxing under the umbrella and reading. It does require getting up a little earlier and staying up a little later to get all my work done that I normally do during the day, but who cares. The day's are so fun. We are also blessed to have other dear friends in this same position so we have company for this leisure and pool variety. I am honestly cracking myself up right now - who knew sheer fun could be so heady.

Babies abound with my friends. There is a new girl on the way and I have already been shopping and my other finds out today what her little precious bundle will be. I can't wait to hold these sweet little ones.

David has finally turned the corner with the tonsils. Yesterday was the first day he resembled his old self. This is just in time for his birthday party tomorrow evening at Pump It Up, or as he calls it - the bouncy house. He will actually be able to go to school next week for the last few days before summer break. He's been talking about his teacher and his best friend alot lately.

Emily has spent the week doing "boring" stuff in her opinion. They have been studying for year-end 7th grade exams. They'll take these next week. School's out for her on Thursday and she can't wait. Between school and dance practice lately she's been really busy so I know she's ready for sleeping late and swimming!! We pick her up this afternoon from school and David is really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment