Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Borrowing From the Regulars

Quick update on David. He has slept almost the whole night for the last two nights. What an amazing thing that is. And I didn't have to resort to the Phenegran to make him sleep. I have finally gotten him to take his meds again and with the combination of steroids and regular pain medicine he is much better. I can definitely tell he's still not all the way yet, but closer. The steroid 'scrip was only for 3 days - today being the 3rd day. Today is the 9th day so I am hoping tomorrow he can go to school!!

Okay - now onto my regular post. I have started following many blogs in the last couple of months and let me tell you there are some amazing women out there. They write so well. I surely don't have that talent :), but I still like to blog. It's a pretty fun hobby. I have seen a few things out there that I would like to borrow - like topics, questions, list ideas, etc. I hope that is OK and doesn't violate blogger etiquette!!

The first one is a list of topics/questions for thought by Heather over at Madame Rubies - http://madamerubieswrites.blogspot.com/2009/05/simple-womans-daybook-may-7.html. Her responses are really well written.

I hope she doesn't mind that I'm borrowing her idea. So here goes:

Outside my window... it is a dark and rainy morning. I should crawl back in bed since the rest of the house is still asleep, but there is something about drinking coffee and listening to the rain without David underfoot that is sheer bliss! I know he will be jumping to turn his weather wheel when he wakes up. He is following in the footsteps of cousin Zach :)

I am thinking... how much I don't like to talk on the phone. Isn't that weird. I like texting and e-mailing and even sending actual cards and letters, but I don't like the phone. I think it's because I am always busy and I resent the intrusion :) - silly, I know, especially for a Southern female!!

I am thankful for... God and the miracles he's worked in my family with my husband and father. The children he's blessed me with. The home and jobs and life he's led me to. The friends I've encountered and are no more and the ones who are steady. The new family I gained almost 10 years ago. For my Bible study group.

From the kitchen... thoughts on the dinner menu; thawing center cut pork-chops; but there is coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts! Need I say more.

I am creating... not much in this area right now. I do have the plans and tools and ideas for my scrapbooks, just not the time and motivation. I guess my new organization and time management stuff could go in here. I am trying to find that "groove" of work time and family time. You would think since I work at home it would be easy, but actually it's alot harder because there are no boundaries and no black & white.

I am going... to the grocery store today and taking David to buy cleats for t-ball (when/if it stops raining - we don't anything bad enough to have to get out in this). He also wants his own bat, since of course the other boys had them at practice last night, but I think that is a little much. I need to see how much they cost though. Last night we went to our first practice and I really liked the coach and other parents. The boys actually did little drills and stuff - like a real practice, which I liked, but hadn't expected since these are little ones.

I am reading... a variety of books on my amazing Kindle. I just finished the "Idiot Girl and The Flaming Tantrum of Death" and "Gods in Alabama"; I think next will be the "Magician". I usually read one a day or every couple of days. Books are my drug of choice :)

I am hoping... for David to continue to improve; my dad and step-mom to be able to truly enjoy their beach trip later this week; Dan to not have to deal with such grief from his key employee; my "sister's" mom to have an uneventful chemo day.

I am hearing... rain, Fox News and Teddy (my boxer dog) snoring.

Around the house... chaos!! Being stuck at home and busy with David we look like a tornado has picked up thousands of trains and cars and scattered them everywhere. Also there are countless loads of clothes - thankfully clean.

One of my favorite things... hmmm - one. And since it says thing I won't go with the obvious and say family. I will have to say - well I have sat here for a few minutes and I honestly cannot decide between a cup of coffee and my Kindle, so I guess there is a tie.

A few plans for the rest of the week... taking David back to school - maybe/hopefully!! Working for me and a little grocery shopping. Emily is here this weekend and David's birthday party is Saturday. Swimming (for the kids anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment