Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Man!!

I started this post the morning of David's birthday and am just now able to finish it, we've been busy. Good busy though - I'll fill you in on all that in another post.

May 19th, 2009 - 10:30am
I can't believe that by this time in the morning, 4-years-ago today, David was here. I had an early morning c-section, without incident, and our little guy came into the world and into our hearts! I don't remember much about that first day after the c-section. Meds, reaction to meds, meds for the reactions, etc. had me a little groggy. Dan was able to spend alot of time with him and do the whole first bath and all that!

The next day I woke up alone, called down to the nursery for David and they brought him to me. I sat in the rocking chair and just held him; Saying to myself - this is my son and I fell in love that instant. I know some people bond at birth, some later, some much later - well we bonded that morning as we sat there and rocked and talked over a bottle of formula. I also realized that precious morning that he had my mother's eyes - true blue. Since she is no longer with us that meant the world to me and still does, since they haven't changed!!!

Here is a picture of David at just 5-weeks, one of our mother/baby shots. Everybody tells you it goes so fast and you don't believe them, until you are there. I promise you these have been the fastest years of my life. But also the best years of my life!! There is nothing better than being a mom. Thank you God for blessing me with this amazing little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment