Monday, May 11, 2009

Brighter Days Ahead... We Pray!

Last night continued as I described in the last post. It is really wearing me down, the exhaustion and the feelings you have when you watch your little one hurting. We slept in and actually had about a 4 & 1/2 hour stretch of solid sleep. That helped me feel alot better. I finally came to a compromise with David to have a little medicine with his juice so that helped him wake up in much better spirits.

I called the ENT's office and spoke to the nurse on call. She said all of this was 100% normal and no matter what I had to do he NEEDS this pain medicine and she said he also needs steroids for a few days. She called in the prescription and we ran out for a minute to pick it up. He did not want to take it and I wanted to get it in him right away - not wait for him to drink some juice and it be diluted. So, very sternly, I told him if he didn't take it we were going back to the hospital and they were putting the burning medicine in his ears like he had at the beach last year. He was terrified and took the medicine. He HATES HATES HATES HATES medicine in his ears and believe me he's had TONS of it in his 4 short years. The nurse recommended telling him we were going back to the hospital for another IV and shots if he didn't take it, but I said that won't work because since he's still so young they knock him out with meds and gas before they put the IV in - so he has no recollection of that pain. She said I hate to lie to them and to worry them, but in this case he needs the meds so you have to do it.

We also have Phenegran suppositories that they gave us from day one. I am going to use one of those tonight to help him sleep. He needs a solid nights rest so he can heal and mommy needs one so she can keep this up :)

I have Bible study tonight and I am so glad for that time!! I just pray he's resting peacefully when I get back. Thanks for all of your prayers and kind words and e-mails.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment