Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all you wonderful mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, friends, etc. are having a special day. You all impact children and help them on their journey through life. The day is bittersweet for me with the loss of my mom, mother-in-law and grandmothers, but also a special day as my children give me sweet kisses and my husband treated me to a girlfriend beach trip last weekend! I spent some time this morning reflecting on things I do the same, worse and better than my mother. Sweet memories and it's nice to see that I do most things the same and just a few worse & better. I always knew I had a wonderful role model and it's proven itself as I raise my kids.

David is recovering as expected from his surgery earlier this week. Not eating much, but he is staying hydrated. The pain comes and goes. When it comes it's bad - he'll start sobbing and shaking and shivering and run a mild fever. Not much makes that better except mommy. Last night he woke up 3 times doing this, but so far today it's not happened once. He is lying on his little "couch" in my study watching TV as I type this.

Last night was a pleasant evening of friends and family. Dan's brother and wife came over and our friends Leslie and Trey & kids. We (well the kids and men) swam and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and sat outside to eat. The weather was great. I said one time it was pleasant and David starts looking around for a present HA HA.

Today is a lazy day. David and slept late and Dan worked on some project (he's always building something). Then I have played on the computer and played with David. Next I am going to read and have a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment