Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Meandering Thoughts

My mind is all over the place today so bullets will probably be the best update. I am working on a long therapeutic post about my mom, her birthday was 1/17 and the anniversary of her death is later this month. Not sure I'll even post it when done, it's just nice to work on it when I need to.

Anyway...
  • "Sick" boy is finally back to normal and back to school, woo-hoo! And I picked him up about 45 minutes later than usual today and he still complained that I was too early LOL
  • Last night I made a baby laugh and she made me laugh right back
  • Emily was here this weekend and we played Monopoly, Clue, Blockus, Scrabble Slam, Greed and Scattergories - we love games!
  • We are studying Acts in my Bible Study group and it is amazing. I am sad that I have not studied it before. Finished Ch. 4 last night - wonderful wonderful stuff. The theme of last night was Peter being filled with the Holy Spirit and being BOLD! I want to be Bold like Peter when it counts - sharing the Gospel.
  • Dan had a court case Monday and he thinks it went so-so... I hope the judges decision is swift and fair.
  • I am going to the beach this weekend for a girls weekend and I cannot wait!
  • I have been filling my freezer with meals for my about to pop/pregnant friend. I can't wait to meet her precious little one when she finally decides to join us.
  • Last night I put a baby to sleep in my arms
  • I am on a coffee experiment, as in trying Folgers Colombian rather than my usual gourmet. The price difference is ASTONISHING and I go through coffee like some do water so I am trying this out and seeing if I like it.
  • Can you believe it is February - wow I am old. There is no other reason time flies like this.
  • Valentine's is coming up and I am the party coordinator for our little party at David's school. We'll have crafts and food and favor bags!
  • Grandparents Day is also coming up and the Prek and K are putting on a musical play, David has been practicing the songs and the one line he shares with a classmate. Evidently K gets the bigger speaking parts, LOL.
  • We have a Boxer named Teddy and she has been with me for a long time, 11 years this July... she's really aging fast and she's got cancer. I wish she could stay with us forever. We are at the point now of watching her closely for signs of pain. It will eventually get to the point where we have to have her put down :(
  • David has started having what I assume are growing pains in his legs. It happens at night and when he first wakes and then goes away. I hate the pain, but it's exciting to me to see him grow - what will he do next. I really love all the stages/changes.

Well shrimp jambalaya is calling for me, so I guess I should go start cooking dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment