Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

So are you thinking I'm bi-polar, LOL. I can't decide between Mardi Gras and Valentine's for my page decorations. They are both big holidays for me!!

Wow - this has been a truly cold winter for us here in the deep south. I am so ready for spring - the brisk breezes, the sunshine, the flowers, Easter, the kids birthdays, etc.

I am sitting here totally ignoring my responsibilities this morning. I need to be in the kitchen making a gazillion heart shaped PB&J sandwiches for the Valentine's Party at David's school this morning. But it is so much nicer to sit here, drink coffee, read blogs and listen to Fox News.

David experienced his first King Cake (Mardi Gras) yesterday. He is fascinated by it. Not sure he believes me about the toy baby; won't he be surprised when we cut into that part. If you aren't familiar with this tradition you can read about it here. It's so sad for me that David doesn't get to experience real Mardi Gras. Having grown up in Mobile and my mother and grandparents being from there we were inundated into it at a young age. I remember the parades, my parents going to balls and my grandmothers organization having a float. My cousin and I used to play Mardi Gras all the time. And my grandmother was evidently the "goodie" coordinator because the guest room at her house was always filled with huge Hefty bags of beads, dubloons, string confetti, etc. etc. David and Emily did go to a parade in Millbrook this past weekend and said it was really fun. I went to a small one myself in PC Beach on my girls weekend.

Bible study was great this week. We are Acts Chapter 5 and my friend Lauren (who I jokingly call teacher) did an excellent job leading us. One of the things we discussed made a big impact on me. It refers to Matthew 5:37, the whole chapter is great, but that one verse really hit me. I am going to pray really hard for the strength to live that way. I like the NIV version of the verse, because of the use of the word simply. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. Let's leave out the buts and the justifications, etc. We need to say yes to God in all that we do.

Well I suppose it's time to go make sandwiches ;-) I'll post pics of the Val Party later.


Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! & Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment