Thursday, February 18, 2010

Growth Spurts

I think David is in the midst of a big growth spurt! He's been having growing pains in his legs and is eating us out of house and home. I know most of you are aware of our ordeal with David and food. Basically he didn't eat any. He would go 2 days with no food, just milk. Then he started 1 meal a day and 1 snack. I think I mentioned though - since the start of school he has actually begun to eat 3 meals a day. However, these were small meals and I was counting his morning snack at school as "breakfast" and I had to "push" him to eat dinner.

Well now he is eating and do I mean eating! He wakes up asking for breakfast and has cereal or pop tart or pancakes. He takes crackers (like the 8 pack of PB) for morning snack. He eats his whole lunch at school, a variety of things, mid-afternoon snack, late afternoon snack, dinner and before bedtime snack. And he is asking for these meals - he is always saying he is starving. And if he eats chicken - instead of 4 nuggets he now eats 10. Instead of 1 peanut butter sandwich folded in half he now eats 2 regular sized ones. And the amount of goldfish, cereal and crackers and string cheese we are going through is alarming! Oh and pizza - he would only eat cheese sticks (doesn't like sauce) and would have 2 or 3 of those. Now he wants regular "big-kid" cheese pizza. He eats at least 2 pieces and sometimes asks for a third.

I've stressed about his eating habits (well as much as I stress), but I always said I'm not forcing him, he's growing, he's healthy, etc. and he will eat one day. Well that "one day" is finally here. Praise God for answering a prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment