Friday, February 5, 2010

He Stole All the Bikes!

At 5:15am I woke up to hysterical crying from David. It was so loud that it even woke Dan. The problem - "he stole all the bikes in the whole world!". We tried explaining about bad dreams and all that - no, he said it was real. Then we said he didn't steal all the bikes because mommy, daddy and sissy's bikes were still in the garage. David said he stole all the bikes that were David's size. So we tried they have more at stores, etc. - nope, he stole all the bikes in the whole world. Then we told him that was ok, daddy would build him a bike. No he stole all the instructions too. Keep in mind during all this he is still hysterically crying. We've turned the lights on by now and we are both trying to comfort him, not working. Then he said that Granddaddy had a bike for him, but they even stole that one. So I go into the mommy will find you a bike, I promise, the stores have them. Remember I told you mommy was always right? He looked at me like are you crazy (still crying) and said "I'm always right, every time! He stole the bikes!!!!" Finally I gave up and turned on the TV and actually deliberately turned it to SpongeBob - he calmed down and the tears dried up. Whew - this is the stuff they don't tell you how to "handle" or "fix" in the parenting books ;-)

Now I am tired!! We do not get up early in the Reeder house, LOL. Working for ourselves has a few benefits. We sleep until we wake up or David wakes us up or in the case of a school day, until 6:45. I can handle 6:45 if I get to sleep by midnight, which I did not last night. And if I can sleep through the night, which I did not because Teddy was barking at me to go out every hour. (she usually never does this) Then add the insult to injury of the whole bike stealing episode. To make this just perfect (sarcasm here) I am driving to the beach this evening for my girls weekend. Dan and I have determined that it's fate or something working against me because I NEVER and I do truly mean NEVER, get a good night's sleep before a trip.

I think this morning's prayer will start with a request for a little peace and patience! And I believe I may have to lay back down after taking David to school, what the heck. This is my weekend right :) who says it can't start this morning rather than this evening! Ok maybe the laundry, the work and the kids say... well, a girl can dream can't she.

Just a few more hours and the I will have two nights of peaceful sleep and two mornings of waking myself up!! Whew hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment