Thursday, February 25, 2010

A New Kitchen and a New Boot

I love our house, the size, neighborhood, corner lot, monthly payment and especially the fact that it will be paid off in 12-years!!!!!!!! But, I hate the 1970's/1980's way it has been decorated. If yall recall I had a post a little similar to this about my house woes back in August. At that time the living room, hall bath and foyer were re-done and the kitchen was repainted. Major improvement, but truly just scratching the surface of all that needs to be done.

The tough part is Dan, even though he is handy and can do just about anything I want done - he doesn't like change. But guess what - I think we are finally past that (it only took 9 years, LOL). He is currently changing stuff and brainstorming with me on changing more!! Can you believe it? I am so thrilled.

Here are a few of the things we've done so far:
added a small built-in pantry to the kitchen
built and installed drawer slides in all the cabinets
touched up paint on all cabinets and trim
installed the flip-down kitchen tv
replaced the knobs and drawer pulls
started on the hinges

Here's what else we want to do:
repaint the kitchen ceiling
put in granite counter tops and new sink
install tile back splash
replace the linoleum with tile
replace light over table
replace fluorescent light in kitchen
add recessed light under cabinets

I just cannot stop being excited. We are working on it bit by bit and hope to be done in the next month or two. After that we are doing other rooms in the house - I have huge lists on them also, but I'll save those for when we get closer to that particular room.

Did I tell you guys about my foot? I can't remember so I'll give you the back-story real quick. I have had a heel spur in my right foot off and on for years. A few weeks ago, actually the day I left for the girls trip to the beach, I stepped on a marble with that heel leading (all the weight on it first). It HURT, REALLY REALLY bad. I was focused on getting out of town though and just figured i had irritated that heel spur. I just dealt with it over the next few weeks, limping along, icing it, putting heat on it, using a cane, etc. Finally I decided it wasn't the crazy heel spur, but a bone. So I called the doc and he saw me right away. Said he hoped irritated heel spur too and gave me a cortisone shot in my heel, new inserts and meds. Told me if it wasn't significantly better on Monday (this past one) to come back in. So I called and told them not better. They work fast and I had a Bone Scan scheduled for Tuesday morning. By lunch Tuesday I found it is was a bad stress fracture and had a walking cast/boot thing. I will wear it for 4-weeks and then go back to doc and see how it's doing. I will tell you though that a bad back and a boot are NOT friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment