Sunday, July 5, 2009

Week In Review and Happy Independence Day

I constantly say to myself that I will update this more often, but it appears once a week is now my "thing". And yes, I do talk to myself - don't you?? I think one of the reasons I don't do update more often is my Kindle. That thing is seriously addictive, which of course being addicted to reading is definately not a bad thing... but when it keeps you from doing other stuff. I have misplaced my charger for it and I think that is God tell me it's time to take a break. One good thing about the Kindle though is it works just like a real book in regards to David wanting to read just like mommy. It's nice for him to pick up one of my "good" habits for a change.

So let's see what we've been up to since last Saturday when I updated...

Tuesday was Jace's 3rd birthday party at Leslie's and that was a blast. The kids swam and played and instead of regular birthday cake she had cupcakes and a variety of sprinkles. They decorated them before they ate them. Big hit with the kids. Another nice thing about the party was seeing several friends I haven't seen in a while, especially Jessica and kids since they live in FL now.

Wednesday I had an early appointment with the back doctor. My back appears to need surgery again. Not in same spot - in different spot. Going to have a new MRI and meet with the surgeon. I'll let you know what the plan is. After my appointment I went by Leslie's to spend a little more time with Jessica. She was babysitting the girls while Leslie was at the doctor. Once Leslie got home we all decided to go to Chappy's. I ran home and picked up David and Em and met them there (the kids had been with Hayley). After lunch Leslie and girls came over and swam. That night Dan had to work late, but the kids and I went to the 4th of July service at dad's church. It was wonderful.

Thursday I had another doc appointment and then home. That afternoon we (minus Em, she had to go back) went to Jackie and Dianne's for swimming, quesadillas and a surprise birthday celebration for me. She and Kim are so sneaky and I love it. It was a great night!!

Friday started out as a regular day and then kind of last minute I decided to go out and run errands and met up with Kim and Gran and Dianne and we shopped and had lunch and had pedicures. It was such a fun day. David stayed here with Hayley so I was able to truly enjoy myself.

Saturday we rested, mostly Dan, who really really needed it. He has been working some long back-breaking hours lately between regular business, the new 22-unit and our waterfall. That evening we went to the Biscuits game. They lost pretty bad, but it was a nice night, not too hot and David loved it. He is so social he made friends with EVERY family that was around us and he would move his chair and sit with them. Non-stop talking the entire time!! After the game they turned the lights out and the fireworks started. Nice show, but really short this year - maybe it's the economy. I wonder if the show at Lake Martin was shorter this year?

This is one of our favorite holidays and we always take time out to remember why we have this great freedom!! I hope you do too.

We slept too late for church today - David didn't get up until 11:15!!! I think last night wore him out. Hopefully we will get some rain and that will force Dan to stay on the couch and rest. David wants to play trains (big surprise) and I need to find the bottom of my desk, so that's the exciting plan for the Reeder's today LOL. Oh - Em is with her mom and some friends celebrating the holiday weekend in North Alabama. I hope she comes back tomorrow, but I am not totally sure. We are spontaneous and flexible over the summer with our schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment