Tuesday, July 28, 2009

an open MRI that is actually open...

I had a new MRI done on my back today at the request of my neurosurgeon. He sent me to his preferred spot and it was fabulous. I have been in several so-called open MRI's and you cannot breathe nor move an arm or anything. This was like taking a little nap, which I did LOL. The initial plan was to go straight to doc's office from there, but the computer system was not cooperating, which meant he couldn't see the MRI so I am going back Friday morning to see him.

While I was out today I took my car (why does it feel weird to say car or truck when you have a SUV, and saying SUV sounds pompous to me) to get an oil change and have the tires rotated and balanced. Just one of those mundane, routine chores. I was quite over-due though and after just driving to TN and a beach trip on the horizon I knew I needed to get it taken care of. It is amazing how fast I am putting the miles on this Tahoe. I've only had it since October, but I have over 14,000 miles on it. Evidently I travel way too much LOL. Anyway - sitting there waiting the hour on my car was so nice and peaceful. I read some of my book and talked on the phone and didn't have to answer any questions from a 4-year-old. God love him, but I will be truly glad when school starts. And I really think he will be too - he is at that stage where he wants intellectual stimulation for hours a day.

Anyhoo - that's it for tonight. A couple of girlfriends just called and are stopping by to visit so I am going to go pour a cup of coffee and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment