Saturday, June 27, 2009

My 2 Cents Worth

If you are looking for a current Reeder family update read the prior post that I wrote earlier tonight. This post is just some rambling opinions that I feel compelled to write. I am very opinionated, confident and never sorry about my opinions and beliefs. So if you are easily offended by a Christian, Republican, Conservative point of view - perhaps you should just close this and go find something liberal to read ;). Your thoughts and opinions are yours as mine are mine...

First an easy one - I am so sad about Michael Jackson. Like most of my generation he was a major part of my life for several years. I loved his music and his original look and style. One of my most prized possessions was the Thriller album (yes album), given to me by my dear friend Kim on my birthday that year. I actually don't have an opinion about what he did or did not become, etc. All I know is that when I was young he was way cool!!!! and my friend Shannon could mimic him - her dancing with the glove is a great memory LOL.

Jon & Kate - seriously can people quit beating them up. Yes divorce is sad and in my belief wrong, of course adultery is wrong, etc. but give it a rest. I'm tired of reading it everywhere I turn. Yes it's interesting and of course I've talked about it, but I'm not publicly judging them...

And it seems like people who think Obama is great (the guy who wants it to be legal for my 13-year-old to have an abortion and not tell me, among other heinous things) are some of the loudest bashers of Jon and Kate. I mean do people watch or read anything besides ET and gossip mags? How is it that what's going on in our country doesn't bear talking about, but Jon & Kate do... UGH!! Oh - I know, people are afraid of offending someone - seriously, grow a spine. If you are not strong enough in your beliefs that you can talk about them... Enough said on that one.

Montgomery, Alabama - like it? love it? don't care? hate it? First of all, don't bash where you live. Have a little pride. When you live here be kind to where you live - if you don't like it move. Or go to city council meetings, write letters, run for public office, etc. We live here and like it. I actually love my state. The things we don't like about Montgomery - my husband has a permanent path to city council meetings and has met multiple times with the mayor and routinely writes other leaders in our community. But we don't sit around bashing it in mixed company, or on blogs or on Facebook. And crime - do we have it, yes in this world where God is taken out of everything and people are entitled and divorce is rampant and children aren't taught things at home... yes there is crime. But you know what - there is crime in other cities too. We're not the worst, by far!

Last one, I have some old friends that I am no longer friends with. As I would imagine several of you do. Through life I have also formed smaller relationship with their families. I periodically run into members of their family and am friendly and gracious. A Christian southern woman as my mother taught me. So the other day my step-mom runs into one of my old friends and is snubbed... How about that?

Oops - I do have one more. For our own personal reasons Dan and I chose to have one child, his daughter Emily gives us two. I don't have an opinion on people that have none, 1, 2 or 10. Whatever makes them happy and works for their family. Lately though I have heard multiple people make comments about people that choose to have large families. Very judgemental and ignorant comments. What is up with that? It's like people think children in large families have it bad and are mistreated or don't get enough love or whatever. It's so stupid!!!!

Anyway - that is enough for tonight!! I'm going to read for a while and go smoke! And don't even start on that LOL. I love you all and am sure you mean well, but actually it just pisses me off and makes me want to light another one!! And I must say if you've made it through this long rambling boring post on my opinions you must be really bored or you must really love me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment