Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MJ, Palin, Happy Birthday to me... and other random thoughts

Can you believe it - a mid-week post. Wow, what's the world coming to? My mid-year resolution is to be a better communicator with my friends and myself. I am truly truly truly a horrible phone person.

I am so blessed with a wonderful family and group of friends. Birthday's aren't events once you get on the road to 40, but mine turned out to be pretty darn special. And the best part, after all the special birthday wishes, is I have shopping to do. Gift cards and cash are always a favorite to me.

Good news on Emily!! Her levels are doing well - the meds are working. The doc from Children's released her to dance and today was her first 4-hour practice. They are gearing up for camp in Auburn next week. She said their coach "kicked their butts today". I just had to laugh because I think it's great.

My dad and step-mom are giving their testimony at their church tomorrow night, related to what a miracle he is to have survived his Stage 4, very metastasized lymphoma!! God is so great. Me, Dan and David can't wait to go watch tomorrow night.

Ok - I guess I can't be an American and not mention MJ. I was/am a huge fan. My BFF Kim gave me the Thriller album for a birthday gift when I was 11. It was the best present ever. His old music, style, look, etc. were amazing. I had the best time singing his music and being at the Yarnell's and watching Shannon do the dance with the glove. She could rock some MJ. Like many I have become very disenchanted with him over the past decade or more, but he was a great part of my childhood. My objection with this whole tragic event is that in our country it has become more important than the real news... that says alot (not in a good way) about our country. I did watch the memorial today, or rather I had it on Fox News (as I do everyday) and the memorial was on. I watched bits and pieces of it and actually watched the whole speech by Brooke Shields. That was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. It was nice to hear happy memories about someone who made us all so happy through the years. He's always seemed like such a tortured soul and I truly hope he is in a better place and my prayers are with his children and family.

Oh - I guess I can't be a conservative and not mention Palin. I truly hope and want to believe that she resigned for exactly the reason she said and for only the reason she said. Because if that is the case then I respect her even more now than I did before. I admire that she is who she is and doesn't play the game like so many of the others do. I can't tell you at this point in time if she'd be my pick for '12, but I sure do like her and can't wait to see how things play out. In case you are wondering - if I had to pick right now I'd go with Huckabee!!!!!!

I've been thinking about Reagan today for some reason, probably trying to turn back time to get us out of this current mess, LOL. Anyway - here is one of his many quotes that I like.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment