Sunday, July 26, 2009

Model T Trip to Bristol Speedway & Dragstrip

David and I have started a tradition with my dad and Barbara of going on a Model T tour each year. Last year due to Dan and my dad both being sick we weren't able to go. This year we were eager to resume our fun. The tour was based in Johnson City, TN and we visited Jonesboro, Bristol and several other nearby areas. Each day we went out in the T and drove for about 100 miles, with of course a little sight-seeing and breaks thrown-in. Another great thing about our trip is spending time with my dad's family who all live in WV. My uncle is into Model T's as well so he was there with his car and my two aunts came down and rode with him.

The first day we drove to Bristol and David kept talking about Lightning McQueen and the funny thing I found out when we got back home is the opening race of the movie... the track is based on the Bristol track. Here are tons of pics of the track and the dragstrip. We raced my uncle (in our T's) on the dragstrip and as David said we "ate the dust". He kicked our butt LOL.

David walked on the track and he thought he was so cool. He also thinks we "won" twice on the main track and he's still waiting on his trophy. Preferably a Piston Cup trophy like the movie. His favorite pic is the one of the 4 of us in the car on the finish line.






























Dragstrip


No comments:

Post a Comment