Monday, July 13, 2009

On a Rainy Monday...

...i feel it inside of me
Like the days of summer...

On a rainy Monday..
I feel it inside me
In the hopes of one day...
by: Shiny Toy Guns

I realize this morning that my prayers & complaints of "we need rain" have been received loud & clear. God is vocalizing himself this morning with the thunder and heavy rain. It's such a wonderful sound (as long as I'm not driving my children in it).

I am working on a semi-deep post about black sheep in families and may have it finished later today, but in the meantime I wanted to give a quick update on us.

Dan is doing great, with the exception of being exhausted from waterfall rock laying :). It's looking great though and coming together well. We can't wait to show it off with pictures and a party.

Emily is beginning her marathon week. 4-hour practices M/T/W, dance team pool party 1-5 on W. Leave for Auburn (dance camp) at 8:00 Thursday morning. Practice, practice, practice, compete, sleep and do it again - through Sunday. I know she will have a ball and learn more dances and more importantly learn more about teamwork and the bond between them. Include her in your prayers this week please that she enjoys her week and has the stamina to keep up. Her Graves Disease seems to be settling down (for lack of a better term) - just as the doctor predicted it would once the medicine had a chance to be in her system for a month.

David - what is there to say LOL. Think of an explosion of energy, questions, imagination... that is NEVER-ENDING!! Many of you know of the sleep issues we have had with David and the many "old wives tales" and then prescription meds we have tried. We have had success with the last med and been on it for about 6 weeks now. He gets one pill crushed into his nighttime milk. Well Saturday night it was so late (10:30) when we got him settled for bed and he was so tired I figured he didn't need his medicine. WRONG!!!!!!! At 1:30 he was still going STRONG. Evidently the medicine is working very well and enables his body to settle down so he can fall asleep. Trust me - I won't miss it again :)

I am doing well, except for my back of course. Today we are finalizing bank numbers so we can purchase a new apartment complex. Exciting!! On Sunday of this week dad, Barbara, David and I are leaving for Johnson City, TN. We are meeting WV family there for a mini-reunion. The trip is centered around a Model T tour. We will take the "T" out each day for several hours touring the countryside. Can't wait to share pics with you guys when we get back!! Here is one from 2-years-ago. If you look close you can see 2-year-old David over there in his car seat with sippy cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment