Sunday, August 1, 2010

How did we ever fix anything?

Before the internet how did anything get done? I swear the internet is my answer to everything.
  • When should the first tooth come in / when should it come out
  • What is the best food for small dog
  • How to keep our tomatoes from splitting on the vine
  • How to keep the worms out of our cucumbers
  • How to cook something new with my chicken breasts
  • How to clean the brick on my fireplace
  • Where to buy a new intertube for the lake
  • What is the best deal on laptops
  • What are the side effects of this medicine?

And the list goes on and on, I bet each of you could come up with at least 10 things in 1 minute and we could all come up with hundreds if we thought on it for a half hour. And now that the internet is on my phone - wow I look up everything. Dan will say I wonder why ____? And I look it up :-)

Yesterday around 2:00 or so I noticed that my phone was not on and it would not turn on. So I put it on the charger and came back to it an hour or so later. Still wouldn't come on. So I just whined about it, tried to get battery cover off (couldn't) and figured I would go to the Verizon store today, which irritated me because I have a lot to do already today. It occurred to me to maybe look it up, but hey I usually do that on my phone and my phone is dead.

Then, this morning over coffee, my brain kicked in and said hey silly person you do have an actual computer, duh! So I came in here to get on the internet to see why "my palm pre won't turn on" and "how to remove the battery from my palm pre" and "how to reset my palm pre". In less than 3 minutes I had the phone working.

No comments:

Post a Comment