Friday, August 20, 2010

fund raising

Holy Cross doesn’t do typical fund raisers, thank Goodness!! Because I despise them. Just give the money to the school and the prize to the kid and let’s bypass all the junk. I do however try to buy from my nieces and nephews and from Emily, I just dread it. So I guess we can add this to one more reason I chose HC, LOL.

Anyway – I digress. A few of the things that HC does do, I need your help on, if you’re so inclined.

1st is can tabs / pop tops (you know the little movable part that you open a can soda with). These are being collected at school and will be given to the Ronald McDonald House at Children’s Hospital in Birmingham, by the 6th Graders. This is a program at all Ronald McDonald Houses across the country; they take it to a recycler and sell it for cash and use the funds to help pay their bills.

2nd is box tops – you know the ones on probably 1/4 to 1/2 of your pantry items and heck even can goods and refrigerator biscuits and stuff this year. We take these to the school and they are turned in by the PTF. If you are not familiar with this program and aren’t sure which products have box-tops, here is a link: www.boxtops4education.com

3rd is Coke Rewards – the “reward” items come on 16 & 20oz lids, 2-liter lids, 12-pack boxes, etc. Coke Rewards has a school program along with the personal program. Here is a link, in case you’re interested. http://www.mycokerewards.com/mcrSchools.do

Thanks in advance for your help on this. And David says thank you too! He doesn’t quite get the bigger implications of these projects, he just knows it’s fun to take a bagful of stuff in school and he knows if his class has the most in a given time period they get popsicles or something fun!!

Just let me know if you have a bagful and I will pick them up or you can mail them to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment