Thursday, April 1, 2010

Family Update

I just don't know what it is that keeps us so busy around here but I usually feel like a dog chasing it's tail :). Let me see if I can briefly update you on everyone.

Dan is doing well - I think I told yall his recent PET Scan was good. He is do for a clinical/physical follow-up soon, but other than that remission looks well on him :). Praise God!!! The business is doing well - we bought another property in March and hope to buy one each month. We are also very close to pulling the trigger on the big solar cell project at our largest apartment complex. Add to that Dan has decided he wants to build furniture - it's actually kind of cute. So far he has built a drawer and cabinet for my kitchen to replace the disposal and a laundry hamper for our room that looks like a piece of furniture (I'll take a pic of it). He is drawing out a desk, bedroom furniture and entertainment center. He has also been spending alot of time in court on a variety of lawsuits related to the business. They typically all go our way but he hates dealing with it and the time it takes up.

Emily - can you believe she is almost 14, wow. Where did time go? I have known her almost 11 years! She is finishing up the 8th grade. Her recent report card was back to A's and B's - we had that one bad semester and hopefully it won't be repeated. She is taking gymnastics this spring and really enjoying the class. She wants to continue taking over the summer here in Montgomery. No softball or dance for her this year - what is that saying or song, "times, they are a' changing". Her thyroid issue/Graves disease is just a part of life now, but we are all still getting used to the changes. Doc has changed medicine dosage a few times to get blood levels where they need to be and that has been a success. However, she is still having several of the symptoms and these affect behavior, appetite, appearance, etc. But evidently this is just "part of it". We take her back to Children's Hospital for follow-up in May, I am anxious to talk to the doctor about is there a "next step" or is this what she will deal with always. Please pray for her with this issue.

David - whew, he wears me out, LOL. Nothing new and enlightening there huh. He's doing great and busy as ever, loves trains, falls off something constantly (bike, scooter, etc.) and comes in bleeding, always filthy, never still... oh the life of a boy. But his ears are still an issue. I just don't have the words to say how "over" this we are. If I hear the word ears in conjunction with David much longer I may need a Xanax. We have been dealing with this since he was weeks old. Here we are with yet another infection with lots of fluid and a non-working tube and while at the pediatrician's office yesterday she reminded me and herself that he has been on antibiotics basically since November. So back to the ENT Monday morning. David doesn't seem that miserable with his ear right now, but he is not sleeping restfully. The past few nights I have watched him (since I don't go to bed until about 4 hours later) rub and rub and rub and rub that ear while he sleeps and tosses and turns and whimpers. So then the next day he is tired and ill. We can't go on like this poor guy and he needs to quit missing school. This is our current cross to bear and I know God will get us through and it will be ok!

Me - oh, just realized I forgot to tell you guys what doc said on my 4-week foot follow-up visit. The heel is still broken, try to stay off it as much as possible. Just needs time to heal. My back is doing what bad backs do... LOL no sense wasting anymore time on that one. Business is crazy right now - taxes are due, I am researching government grants for our solar cell project, I am researching additional properties for us to buy and most fun of all I have picked out all the materials for my dining room redo and have received my granite quote for my kitchen and bathroom and am in the process of trying color samples on my bedroom wall. And of course doing my usual work, household responsibilities, mommy stuff and wife stuff... just busy, but happy! Still doing my weekly Bible study with the girls and it is one of the major highlights of my week.

Sorry that went longer than I planned, as usual LOL. Air show and Easter posts to come soon and I am still working on my anti-healthcare post, it's just hard for my personality to not be kinda of ___ (rhymes with witchy) so I am still praying and writing and deleting and re-writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment