Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Chore Chart

If you read my earlier post you'll see that we have been on a responsibility theme around here... I want to use a chore chart with David, but I've been having a hard time finding exactly what I wanted; then yesterday, at Publix of all places, I find one. You write the chores in yourself (dry-erase) then as they become proficient at one you can replace it with something else. I'm working on what things I want it to include. So far I've come up with things related to do what we say the first time we ask, keep control of the "mad", brush teeth, getting dressed by himself, picking up toys, practicing letters... Any other ideas let me know on the comments.

Next I have to figure out the reward system. What I'll actually give him should be pretty easy - start small with a piece of gum and work our way up to the Dollar Tree then maybe Toys-R-Us. The hard part for me is how "black & white" or strict to be on making his little goals and then how many does it take for the prize? All of them? You can miss one? And then for the week? And then for the month? Ugh - as you can see I sometimes over think things, but i need to know the rules and make them clear to myself and the whole family so we can do this consistently. I'm going to do some googling on this today. Any suggestions let me know please!

No comments:

Post a Comment