Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Are You Gonna Eat That Recipe?

No matter what I cook, that is usually the question I get from David. It cracks me up because he is so serious. Our evening routine is pretty standard, he plays, usually on the floor at my feet - UGH, and I cook supper for daddy. He'll pop up every so often and ask can I put that in the recipe, can I stir the recipe, etc. I try to let him help with most of it, unless of course I'm at the hot frying pan or something like that.

Even with all this interest though, David still won't eat much more than milk, chicken, cheese and peanut butter. One day...

So what kind of things have you been cooking for your family during this cold weather? I haven't tried alot new, but I did find a different/new version of some old stand-by favorites. Just to jazz things up a little. Over the past week or so we have had:
Homemade beef stew
tacos w/ homemade Mexican rice
salmon w/ homemade mushroom rice pilaf
homemade loaded potato soup
homemade red, beans and rice
ck fingers (bought), lima beans, corn and potato salad
homemade quiche
navy bean and ham soup
baked pork chops

There are probably more, but time to take David to school and then start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment