Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gumbo, Girls, Auburn and Family

We didn't make it to church this morning. Lazy I suppose... Auburn game over late last night so we all slept in until 9:00 this morning. Once we were up everyone did a couple of the chores I requested to put the house back together after football entertaining and I made french toast and bacon. Yummy breakfast, if I do say so myself. That splash of vanilla in there with the cinnamon makes it just right. Now I'm enjoying my hazelnut coffee and some computer time, Emily's doing her homework and Dan and David are watching TV.

We have settled into a nice routine this football season with the Edwards and the Hollidays and along with this routine has come some fabulous food!! Some of the highlights from yesterday were greek chicken pasta salad, spinach and artichoke dip, crab cakes, gumbo and shrimp scampi. Now let me assure you - that wasn't all. We are in the south after all and there was a FULL day of football, LOL.

War Eagle by the way; and I'm not prejudiced or anything, but I think Auburn may be the best undefeated team in the best conference in the nation who is NOT ranked. I mean seriously. But the more I thought about it last night the funnier I thought it was. Hell - everyone can underestimate the team - right up until we kick their butts!! :)

Babies abound among my friends. I received two text notifications of healthy babies being born this week and it just makes my heart smile. I can't wait to hold these precious little girls. I'll call them "C1" and "C2" here LOL. My other dear friend Leslie has a little girl in the oven and my cousin Siddhary has 2 little girls in the oven. Wow - girls rule this year!!! Speaking of Leslie I miss her so much. Our schedules and sick kids and back surgery and David's ears have conspired to keep us so busy we haven't gotten to spend any time together lately. Our goal was at least every Thursday morning while all the kids were at their respective schools/MDO's/etc. but we haven't made one yet. I am DETERMINED to be available and well this Thursday. Let's hope all are well her way too. And that she is safely back from her trip.

My small group Bible study started back up!! Yeah - I have missed it so much. We took the summer off because everyone's schedules were so crazy. Of course the craziness is still going on :) - I missed the first week back and everyone missed the second week back, but we will be on track soon and back to exploring the gospel together.

I'm ready to try and find a Sunday School class. David really really wants to go to church where my dad, Barbara, Angie and kids go and I have enjoyed it each time we've visited. But I have not visited any of the adult Sunday School classes and I need to do that. David wants to attend Sunday School and I need to find a place for myself during that time. I will just pray that Dan wants to attend with us, but we should attend irregardless.

All are doing well in the Reeder household. Emily had a blast dancing a the Auburn game last week. She has only 2 JV football games left for the year - I can't believe it's gone by so fast. Of course basketball season is right around the corner. Due to my back and David's ears we have not made it to every game this season and I hate that. But we will be at the last 2 come hell or high-water LOL. Dan is great, just doing his usual projects around the house/yard - if you know my husband he cannot be still for very long. He has actually started enjoying football more this year though. He has watched and enjoyed each of the Auburn games with us. I don't think he will ever be able to watch 2 or more games a day, but since he used to watch none - 1 is a big improvement! David is pretty much his normal self. If his ear wasn't swollen, with a big incision, the occasional drainage and occasional pain - you wouldn't know he'd ever had surgery. He is just as active as ever. Of course this causes more drainage, etc. because he only has one speed and that is full/high/crazy - he doesn't "settle down" well. I'm a little worried about that aspect of it for next week when he goes back to school, but the staff there will help tremendously and will let me know if I need to come get him or whatever. I'm doing well - my back is improving at a good rate. There are of course still issues and still pain, but overall it is much better.

Well we are off to enjoy the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment