Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping!!

What a great week this has been. Jennifer and Paul were here for the week on their way back to Houston from Myrtle Beach. The boys attended VBS at my dad's church in Wetumpka from 8:00 - 12:00 each day and they had a blast! They played and sang and made crafts and learned about Jesus - when we picked them up each day you couldn't make out what they were saying because they were both so happy they were talking fast and at the same time LOL. Thursday night was the "performance" night where all the classes sing and recite bible verses, etc. The boys did a great job with their two songs. We videoed it and maybe I can figure out how to get a little clip on here. Yall forget I'm a little old and still not up on all the computer stuff :).

While the boys were in VBS Jennifer and I went to Starbucks and went shopping. We made the most of our few hours sans boys each day and it was wonderful. We've been to Target, Kohl's, Ross', Belks, Avon, Ulta, Lifeway, Kinnucan's, Bath & Body, and many more. After picking the boys up we'd come back here and relax and do some prep work for supper and hang out by the pool. We did take them to Build-a-Bear one afternoon and Chuck E Cheese another, but essentially afternoons were restful. And amazingly, unlike other times when I am so busy, my house still looks great and my laundry is all done!!! Thank God for Hayley (the housekeeper).

Emily is having a good week. The "resting" is hard for her. She is a very active child and having to take things easy for this month are hard on her. She can still enjoy life and swim and all that - she just has to do it at a much slower pace than she's used to. She was with us a good amount through the week and worked with her mom a couple of days.

I cannot believe tomorrow is Father's Day - this year has flown by. I am really excited about our day though and the presents we have for the dad's in our life.

We are off to a birthday party this afternoon so I need to gather the troops and the sunscreen!! It will be 100 or more today! We were blessed to be invited to two, at the same time... What a conundrum. It's happened to me before though and I just always go with the first invite - don't know if that's the right etiquette or not, but it's the best I could come up with :).

No comments:

Post a Comment