Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Week of Many Titles...

Well as I was typing the title of this post I realized I had way too many things to talk about. The "draft" title went something like this: Golden Eye No More, An Organized House & a Polka Dot Room, Swimming With Friends, Japanese Steakhouse Yummy, Paperwork, Snow White, Antique Cars, The Big Green Bus & a Waterfall.

Our week started with outpatient surgery for Dan. Those of you who were following our story on carepages during his cancer journey will recall that he had to have a gold weight placed in his eye because the eye wouldn't close after the initial cancer surgery. Well now that he is in remission and the surgical site and facial nerves have all finally healed his eye will close on its own and the weight is making it close too well, like a lazy eye. We knew back when it was put in that it would probably be a temporary thing so this removal surgery was not a surprise. It went very well - they knocked him out, made a small slit on the top of his eyelid and pulled out the weight. Woke him up and we came home. He took it easy for a day and that was it. You can't even see the incision.

Around the house this week we went through every drawer, closet, nook and cranny in Emily's room and totally reorganized in there. And finally her polka dots are on her wall, which completes her room makeover. My back hasn't allowed me to do that type of deep-cleaning nor allowed me to climb on the ladder to place the polka dots. However, our fabulous housekeeper came to the rescue :). Speaking of fabulous you should see what she did with our Florida room this week. I honestly don't know how I lived without her for so long.

Swimming has become the norm around here. Deep south, 95+ degree days, a pool in the backyard... what else is there to do. My regular swimming buddies, Leslie and kids and Kim and kids were over and that always makes for fun times. The mommies enjoy visiting and the kids love the pool. Speaking of which, David has turned into quite the little swimmer. He uses no floaties or rings, etc. and is jumping in the deep end and swimming underwater to the shallow end. He's throwing toys in and diving down and getting them. He loves the water and if he had his way we would swim from about 10-5 everyday.

One night this week Leslie and I slipped off from our families and went to our favorite Japanese Steakhouse for sushi and hibachi steak and chicken!! YUMMY - I could eat that everyday, especially the rice and veggies and spicy tuna roll. I always miss Jennifer though when we eat there because it's one of her favorite places too and she's the one that introduced me to spicy tuna rolls. After dinner we stopped by Starbucks and then went to Target. I don't think a girls night is complete without a trip to Target LOL.

I don't know what it is about the business and my workload, but it is growing and I am so busy and so darn unmotivated. I love summer because the kids are out of school and we do lots of fun things and spend lots of time with friends, but I don't get anything done. If I wasn't married to the "boss" I'd probably be fired by now ;). I am dreaming about paperwork. And I hate to work on Sunday's, but I am going to have to do some tomorrow or I'll never get caught up because next week is busy yet again. No surprise there ha ha!

We had a birthday party to go to this afternoon and the theme was Snow White, my friends little girl turned 2. Now David wants the movie, I thought it was cute because he is usually anti-princess stuff. I think his good friend Jace is wearing off on him because she is a princess fanatic, as most little girls are. The party was alot of fun and it was nice to see several girlfriends I hadn't seen in a while and several babies and kids that are getting really big.

After the party David and I headed to Flip's for dad's car club's cruise-in. David always likes going out there and seeing grandaddy and annie and the old cars and I enjoy visiting with them and their friends and eating at Flip's, best BLT's in Montgomery!! The theme tonight for the cruise-in was 4th of July so there was lots of patriotic attire and all the cars were decorated as if they were in a parade. According to David the best part of Flip's this month was the Big Green Bus. It's a preschool gymnastic birthday party bus thing that we've seen around town, but not had the opportunity to check out. It was really nice and David played in it for well over an hour.

Dan's been working like a fiend on his waterfall. He can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and we are all starting to get excited. He still has some back-breaking days ahead with rock placement and final landscaping, but it won't be too much longer. The worst part now is the heat. He's trying to go out real early each morning and then stay out until dark - skipping the hottest part of each day. Well skipping isn't the right word for my work-aholic husband, rather switching to another project better describes it.

Emily has been in Tuscaloosa for the last couple of days with her aunt. They are working on her individual dance routine. This is what she will use for all-star try-outs at camp later this summer. I'm not sure when she'll be back, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the first of this week. We miss her around here. It's never the same when she's not here.

I think that's it for the Reeder's this week. Oh - I am having some pretty bad back issues, yet again and actually worse than ever so I'm going to the doc Wednesday morning to see what we can try next. Actually though the site that hurt so bad prior to surgery is still ok - surgery evidently worked on that part. The issues now are in another area...

No comments:

Post a Comment