Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Whew, It's Been A While

I just realized it's been 12 days since I've posted. Sorry about that. It's been a crazy 12 days!!! Let's see if I can catch yall up. The last I blogged was a rant on my back... Well to update that I'm out of the "pity-party" phase, but things with my back are worse than I originally thought. The easiest way to explain it is my muscles are all messed up from all they've had to deal with from the back issues and boot camp on top of that has put me back several steps. I've now been lectured by two doctors and my Physical Therapist - all essentially saying the same thing, which is: are you crazy to be doing this less than 6-months out of back surgery. So I am in therapy for a yet to be determined amount of time and the only exercise I can do is light cardio (walking and recumbent bike). My therapist is doing some serious muscle work and chiropractic manipulations and acupuncture and it is KILLING me. I am in so much pain - it has to be done though and the end result should be great, it's just the getting there that sucks!! And it takes up so much of my time - UGH - as if I wasn't already a little stretched with our business going crazy. Anyway, on to the rest of what we've been up to.

Last week was Spring Break for the kids. We started off our week by heading to Texas on Saturday to see Dan's dad. He lives in Carthage, which is right across the Texas line - just past Shreveport, LA. The town he lives in is so small they don't even have a super-wal-mart. Sad :) We visited and hung out mostly - I read alot. One afternoon we took the kids out to some land owned by a family friend. We fished for a while. Emily caught a huge catfish (pics next post), she was really proud of herself. I had to help steady the rod, but she pretty much pulled it in herself. After the fishing we shot a few cans with a little .22 rifle. Emily's a great shot and David even did a little shooting (with help of course). It was fun for the kids and of course something we don't typically do. We left on Tuesday and stopped at the Sci-Port in Shreveport. It's one of those discovery/science museum things with an IMAX theatre. We "played" in the museum and saw two of the movies. The kids, and well me and Dan too, had alot of fun. The stop there made for a heck of a late night drive coming back home, but it was worth it.

Wednesday we had to sleep half the day to recover from the drive and Thursday we just hung around the house and worked on laundry, etc. Friday I had PT and then the kids and I met up with Leslie and kids for some play time. David and Jace continue their love/hate relationship, which always entertains me. And Emily is in love with Rory and who could blame her since "Roar" is such a doll!

Our weekend was a pretty quiet one. Emily was with her mom. On Saturday Dan took David to the barber shop and they got hair-cuts. Then they did some shopping and picked up lunch. It was such a treat for me to sit here in quiet! I drank coffee and read a book - sheer luxury :). Sunday we just piddled around the house doing chores and Dan worked in the yard.

Sunday afternoon was nice. Emily came back for the evening and Leslie and family came over. We kept the kids outside for awhile playing on the swingset, chasing bubbles, dangling their feet in the pool and drawing with sidewalk chalk. Then we moved things inside and made homemade fajitas. YUMMY!!!

Today things headed back to normal. The kids went back to school, which I must admit was GREAT - ha ha. I had two doctors appointments though so that took up most of my day. Aside from that I worked on business stuff.

Things are crazy with our business right now (in a good way). And I've got to get my taxes to the accountant before bad things happen!! I've decided I have got to make myself an actual work schedule. I get so caught up being a stay at home wife and mother that I tend to let my work responsibilities slide... Oops!! So my new goal is to better manage my time. It amazes me that I used to be in a pretty high position with my job and managed my time like a champ, but now I can't seem to get it done right. And if you want to know the truth - I'm ready to get to work. I want to be more of a benefit to our business as we grow and I miss the sense of ownership/fulfillment/satisfaction/etc. I had when I was working.

Last little note tonight - for my wonderful friends who think I've fallen off the face of the earth this past week... I am still here. Just been a crazy few days. Heck - I've only been on FB once in over a week and I'm addicted LOL. I love and miss yall and will catch-up with you all via e-mail, phone or FB in the next couple of days.

Oh - I'll post pics of our vacation tomorrow. I haven't transferred them from the camera yet. Another thing I'm behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment