Saturday, March 7, 2009

Boot Camp Update

Well as some of you know I have been taking my first ever boot camp class. The class ran for 6-weeks, 3 nights a week. It was pretty hard for me because prior to that I was a couch potato. I had started and quickly stopped many things and I was dealing with the back issue from hell and then back surgery. But... drum roll please - I made it through. The class ended on Friday with our final assessments. The "final" included several exercises we had done on the initial night to see if we could do more reps, run faster, etc. and it also included weight and measurements. My results were improvement in all of the exercise areas and I lost 12 pounds and almost 15 inches. My reward for the 6 weeks was a pedicure and dinner out with the girls and next week I'll get a massage.

Then on to the next session. Yep - I'm gonna do it again and probably again and again :). I have a long way to go. And no rest for the weary, the new session for me actually started this morning at 7:30. This session, in addition to the 3 nights a week class I've been doing, I am going to the Saturday morning class and adding personal training with her on Wednesday & Friday mornings. That will give me six days a week with Lucy and Sunday will be my rest day!!!

So those of you who have been silently and/or vocally cheering me on and those of you who have been praying for me, keep it up. I want to continue to have willpower and I want my back to cooperate. It has been flaring up lately and it has me a little nervous. I'm not stopping though - I am just avoiding the particular exercises that cause problems and Lucy is very helpful to give me an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment