Monday, December 21, 2009

What's better entertainment than a 4-year-old?

Nothing and I mean nothing is quite as funny or as cute as when your kid starts spouting off with some of the original things they come up with. I am constantly giggling and sometimes even cracking up at the things that come out of his mouth.


Here are a few of the latest:
  • as we were discussing Jesus' upcoming birthday and the little party we would have here, "Mom do I have to go to Heaven to get a cupcake?"
  • regarding his new Bat Cave my parents gave him the other night, "My batman house isn't as fun to play with here as it was at Granddaddy's!" I said do you think that might be because cousin Luke was there and yall were playing batman together. "Nope, toys are just more fun there."
  • our closest friends have a new puppy, named Winnie, "Mom, we need to get 3 new dogs and get rid of Teddy (our boxer) and we need to name them all Winnie." I gave him some line about not having the same name because they'd get confused when we called, etc. etc. and he says, "No, they won't get confused because each one will have a different colored collar!"
  • regarding toys in the floor and needing to pick them up so people won't trip over them, "that's ok, I can just show them how to jump over the toys and then they won't trip on them."
  • out of the blue he says this morning, "Mom, I think we need presents all year!"
  • "when we get our baby, I'm going to do ____"; does he know something that we don't? We are done and have been fixed and don't plan for more, but he doesn't believe me
  • he thinks he is a "cool surfer dude" because he caught some beads at Mardi Gras and the design (to him) looks like a surf board
  • Dan and I were talking about our kitchen remodel and we didn't agree on some aspect or another and we were talking the pros and cons out and David just walked in and said "Daaaad (you have to drag it out, real Southern), don't you know that mom is always right!"

I know this is not all the funnies lately, but I am still on my first cup of coffee so not as fresh as I'll be later.

The other thing that has made me smile lately is his enjoyment with Christmas and cold weather and traditions and snow and Mardi Gras and all the fun that winter has to offer.

  • very into decorating this year, especially the colored balls for the tree
  • asked me would we make sugar houses ?? again this year like we did last year (realized he was talking about gingerbread houses we made when he was 3)
  • now drinks hot cocoa out of a to go coffee cup
  • knows all the good traditional Christmas songs and Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas
  • loves the concept of wrapping presents and is very particular about which wrapping paper he wants used on his presents, his favorite is the nativity paper we have. He calls it the Mary/Joseph paper
  • thrilled to see Santa and actually looked forward to it and really talked to him
  • wants to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas shows everyday
  • rode the Christmas train at the mall again
  • went to his first Mardi Gras parade
  • played in the snow, made snow angels, snow ice cream and a snowman
  • gave Valentine's to his friends, made one for me, shopped for flowers with Dan and enjoyed being part of the big family dinner and present exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment