Monday, December 14, 2009

all about being a little boy

David had a fun weekend, despite the cold and the rain. On Saturday he watched movies and played cars and trains with Dan, while I shopped. Sunday was his really fun day. He loves loves loves to race (ride his vehicles around the pool deck). He has a Big Wheel, a Corvette, a tricycle, a tractor, a Model T and a scooter. He is fastest in his Big Wheel and he knows it. He careens around the corners and around the slide and diving board and it is 'ilarious (as he says). Watching, however is not for the faint of heart... he appears about to fall into the pool many times!! And actually did once last year (only upset about the tricycle, not scared whatsoever). Well Sunday there were lots of mud puddles due to the insane rain we've been having. And for little boys - mud puddles and Big Wheels = bliss!! The first outing was in pj pants, t-shirt and crocs - all soaked after about 30 minutes. He came inside to dry off and change clothes. This time he puts on boxer briefs and a t-shirt and a pair of canvas slip-on play shoes. These last about 30 minutes and he is soaked again and the shoes are soaked and covered in mud. Next comes boxer briefs. This is about the time I arrive home from the grocery store. He informs me that he will bring in the groceries because he is a big boy. Ok great - I love help!! I tell him that he needs on clothes, shoes, etc. and he heads to his room and I head out to start unloading. He meets me outside in - get this - spiderman boxer briefs, spiderman sunglasses and dark brown Merrel's. It was so cute!! I didn't have the heart to make him change because he was cracking me up. I know the neighbors were probably laughing, but hey at least we made someones smile :).

He's growing up so fast and turning into such a boy. He talks about mud and dirt and cars and trucks and rockets and space and tools and hitting and "stinky". But, alas, the good and the bad are all part of the experience. I guess next thing he'll come home from school talking about cooties or something, LOL. One things for sure though - he'll come home talking. He NEVER NEVER NEVER shuts-up, unless he's asleep. I have to share one of his "funnies" from this weekend. He was drinking a soda and had it on the coffee table (yes, I let my child have soda!). Then he proceeded to "crash" his cars into the can, which pushed it closer to the edge of the table. I said David, you know better than that, please stop so you don't spill the soda. He said, but mommy I'm just driving my cars. I said what will daddy say if your "driving cars" knock that soda on the floor. He said (with no hesitation), daddy will get my butt and put me in my bed! Doing all I could do to keep a straight face, I said, well then - don't you think you should stop crashing your cars into the can. YES MAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment