Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Am I the only one that feels like Christmas just snuck up on us this year? I mean I have been shopping, wrapping, decorating, partying and all that holiday stuff, but it just doesn't seem like the DAY is actually here. I'm ready though - or as ready as I plan to be. I will wrap the last few things today that have been hiding in the back of my closet - they are really to big to go under the tree so I didn't want to wrap them until the last minute lest they take over my living room!

Ok - side note here. I am eating a clementine (you know those cute little tangerine oranges that you can easily peel) and I totally wasn't thinking about the mix and I just took a sip of my coffee - UGH!! What an unusual taste LOL.

So anyway, back to Christmas. I can't wait for the kids to open their presents and see what Santa brings them. Watching their faces and hearing their exclamations of joy is always so amazing. And I must admit I am excited about opening my presents too!!

We stay home for Christmas and actually don't have alot going on. With mine and Dan's mother's both being deceased there are not many family obligations. We go to my dad's the Saturday before Christmas for the blended family gathering and that's it. Dan's dad is in Texas and we don't go there over the holiday's due to Emily. Since we share her with her mom during this time there aren't enough days for us to travel. Dan and I both have brothers we are close too, but mine lives in MS and always comes here for Thanksgiving and Dan's lives here and spends Christmas with us. This weekend we will also get together with our close friends and share a meal and exchange gifts - we are really looking forward to the time with them.

Today David and I are relaxing around the house and will babysit later for my best friends new puppy, Winnie the Weimeraner. She is 12 weeks old and precious!! Dan is working and Emily is at her mom's. She will be here tomorrow after lunch and we plan to open what's under the tree then and Santa has arranged to not come here until tomorrow night so we can get up all together on the 26th and see what Santa brought!

Hope you all are having a wonderful season and pray that you all are taking the time to remember the birth of our Saviour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment