Friday, September 11, 2009

Today is September 11th

I don't have any poignant words, I'm not a writer. But today clenches my heart and makes me pray and makes me even more proud of our military. Pray for the country today and all the people associated with 9/11.

I have a little vent this morning. Those that follow my blog have probably heard it before. I have a major problem with negativity. The way I was raised, the struggles I've faced in life, my personality... who knows. It just really gets on my nerves. And especially today of all days - as I watch the memorial services and the families of people who really have something to be negative about and then I hear somebody with a good life be negative it just ticks me off LOL.

Yesterday, as I mentioned, I went to the back doctor for my surgery follow-up. I am in trouble for over-doing it. According to them I was doing and going WAY to much. So I am in the bed again for 2 more weeks. I can drive and do an hour or two of stuff each day, but that is it. I felt especially bad this morning so Dan got David dressed and to school - late, but they made it ;). I see what they mean to because the over-doing has caught up with me this week and I feel really bad.

I have tried a couple of sports with David in the past only to realize he was way too immature. And rather than "fight" with him about doing it I just pulled him out. I figured I would know when he was ready. One more little thing to add to the ever-growing list of what I love about his school is the soccer program. They have a great economical program that practices on site right after school. His teammates are his friends from school. I signed him up hoping he was ready this time... and I think he is!!! Yesterday was the first practice. I got there with about 15 minutes left and he was out there listening to the coach and doing his drills, etc. He LOVED it. I can't wait to watch the games, I'm sure it will be hilarious since they are all 4 and 5. As we were driving home though I have to admit I got a little teary eyed as I looked in the back seat and my baby boy is running at the mouth about friends and soccer and he looks so big in his cleats and shin guards and practice clothes. WOW - my baby boy is growing up all the time!!

Oh forgot to tell you one more little thing. David loves music and singing and dancing - he's starting to get a little self conscious though :(. Anyway most days he mentions the songs they sang at school at chapel. He says the music is pretty and beautiful. One day he told me the Lord is Mighty, but he was a little confused about the fact that the Lord is God ;). Yesterday he told me the King is Exalted Forever. I said yes he is and did you know the King is God? Yes, God is Exalted Forever... and I get the tone and the look of what do you think I'm stupid LOL. They learn so fast - the phrase little sponges that one of my friends uses is so apt. I feel so blessed that he goes to chapel everyday and starts his day with worship and praising our Father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment