Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall is Here... for football anyway

Can you believe that today is Sept. 10th - where has the year gone. I am sure you all heard growing up "enjoy the slow time", etc. because when you get older and have kids, time will fly by. And it sure does!! It came so fast this year I totally wasn't prepared. Usually I have watched and read lots of stuff about preseason college ball and can tell you misc. bits of useless trivia about my team - Auburn Tigers... this year I didn't even know the first game was on TV LOL. I knew it was Saturday night, but thought is was only a radio broadcast. So we went to our friends to watch the Bama game with them and I missed the Auburn game, what a dork ;) The night was fun though - our favorite people, great food and a good game.

So I know you have been wondering if we are alive over here since it has been about 3 weeks since I've posted. Yes we are alive. Back surgery went as expected. I am up and moving now and trying to get back into a normal routine, but the pain is still pretty bad. I see the surgeon today for a routine follow-up appointment. I am anxious to ask how long before I feel good - I don't remember from the first time. I want to take a minute and thank all my wonderful friends and family who took care of David and brought wonderful meals to my family. There is no way we could have survived without you guys. Kim and family, Dianne, my dad and Barbara, Penny, Stephanie, Kim S., Jamie, Jerica, Lauren, Christy and her dad!!!

Here's a quick list of the misc. things that went on in our family while I was out of the blogging loop:
**Emily and Dan both had the flu
**Dan took David to the doctor (first time for daddy) and he had yet another ear infection - a really bad one with blisters
**5 days later I took him back to the doctor b/c he was no better and there was horrendous stuff coming out of his ear (I am used to ear infection drainage - this was not the normal stuff). Turned out the eardrum ruptured. Wow - we understood then why he had been in such severe pain.
**Both kids have settled in school and are doing really well.
**Emily's had 2 football games so far. I had to miss the first, but we went to the second and she looked great. The whole dance team did a fabulous job. And it was fun to watch a little JV football.
**David is playing soccer at school and today is the first practice.
**My housekeeper quit, young and immature - I think because we had to do a little constructive criticism review LOL... whatever. We'll find someone else, it was just crappy timing because she quit when I was down and out with my back.

I think that's all to do a quick catch-up on us. We are busy with work and kids and recuperating. Just normal life stuff. I am way over-due on pictures of the "new and improved house" and I will take some soon and get them posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment