Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Surprise Remodel, an SOS Call and a Great BIL

Well Dan headed out today on his Father's Day trip to Reno/Lake Tahoe. He's en route tonight and I expect to hear from him sometime later. Hopefully he had uneventful flights and all that jazz. I loaded his Ipod up with movies and such so he should be good.

The remodel started today. We are doing the foyer, living room, kitchen and hall bath. Stripping wallpaper, painting, a few new pieces of furniture, new pillows, shower curtain and artwork. I can't wait to see how it all looks when we're done. My personal design consultant, by BFF Kim, has helped me pick out some fabulous things.

All supplies and decorating items are purchased. We started by stripping the kitchen wallpaper and emptying all the walls and filling the nail holes. The "surprise" so far is the kitchen walls. Since my house was built in 1980 wallpaper was the "thing" and it was put directly on the sheet rock. So when we started stripping it today it went all the way down to the brown rough part - UGH. The whole room will have to be Kilz'd, mudded and then sanded and then painted. Or at least I think that's what they said.

Well that put a little damper on my plans. I already had my time packed out and since I have a bad back (surgery coming this Monday) and my BFF has MS - we are quite a pair LOL. So we made a few SOS calls. My dad is going to come by in the morning and offer his help and 2 cents and Bill came by this evening and worked in the bathroom. And my BIL Chuck came by this afternoon to see where I stood and what all had to be done so he can get me some help from our apartment business work crew. It's nice to have family and great friends.

So that ends day 1. If I'm up to it I'll fill you in tomorrow night on where we are. I didn't take before pics because I forgot and Dan took the good camera on vacation with him. I will post after pics though. To imagine my house decor currently think 1980's, fruit and paisley - UGH!!!!!

My back is KILLING me and it was only about 6 hours today. Pray that I get a good nights sleep and my back holds up through the week. I won't be able to move either way next week because of surgery...

Oh before I close my "most favoritest" ;) cousin in the whole world is pregnant with her 2nd... well turns out it is her 3rd too. Identical twin girls - how cool is that! Congrats Rob & Sid and Violet - we love you guys. And it was great talking with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment