Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Remodel Day 2

We are going strong over here on the Reeder house remodel. We were blessed today to have the whole work crew here. Chuck and the guys came over around 9 and worked all day. We also had myself, Kim, Hayley and then my dad this morning and Dianne this afternoon. Friends and family are truly a blessing from God!! And employees too ;)

Now that the day has ended I am sitting in a newly painted living room!!!! Woo Hoo - I've been dreaming of this for YEARS (since the day we looked at this house for the first time). We still have to put the room together and hang pics and all that type stuff, but the walls are done. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color. The foyer was also completed today and looks great. No more mauve wallpaper when you walk into my entry way. The hall bath is coming together nicely - a little touch up paint in there tomorrow and doors back on cabinet, hardware on walls, etc. Kim is making me a custom designed shower curtain to go in there. She is so talented!!! She pieced it together or whatever you call it LOL tonight.

The room that made me say "oh pickles and fishpaste (as David and Paul would say) was the kitchen. I think I mentioned that this house was built in 1980... well the wallpaper was put on fresh sheetrock almost 30 years ago!!! We had 2 - 3 people in there ALL day - 8 hours. At quitting time tonight the paper is finally down and the walls have been mudded. Whew! Chuck skipped church tonight with his wife to stay late and finish it. THANKS Chuck!!! Tomorrow the sanding of the mud and then the painting will be going on in the kitchen. Can't wait to see color in there.

Here are some random pics of the color and chaos (and Hayden LOL).

































































No comments:

Post a Comment